Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
M.Quote ON M.Quote Off
Add Reply
[GOC]: Sea Trials (Atlantic); Test of the new mistral class
Topic Started: May 15 2018, 10:10 PM (123 Views)
Nathan
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Maritime Forces Atlantic

COMCANFLTLANT - Jeremy Cole
Primary Mission Focus - Ship Helicopter Aviation Level 1

HMCS Puncher (L1)
Crew: 160
2 RHIBS
10 Small Unit Riverine Craft

HMCS Superior FFH405
236 Crew
2 RHIBs
1 x CH124 Sea King ('a' flight 423 Maritime Helicopter Squadron) - 3 Aircrew, 4 Support Crew

HMCS Huron FFH404
236 Crew
2 RHIBs
1 x CH124 Sea King ('a' flight 423 Maritime Helicopter Squadron) - 3 Aircrew, 4 Support Crew

HMCS Halifax FFH 330
225 Crew
2 RHIBS
1 x CH124 Sea King ('b' Flight 423 Maritime Helicopter Squadron) - 3 Aircrew, 4 Support Crew

HMCS Preserver (AOR 510)
290 Crew
1 x CH124 Sea King ('b' Flight 423 Maritime Helicopter Squadron) - 3 Aircrew, 4 Support Crew

Commander of Canadian Fleet Atlantic (COMCANFLTLANT)
20 staff, HQ'ed on HMCS Puncher

Sea Training Atlantic (Building D-166)
10 Staff, HQ'ed on HMCS Puncher

423 Maritime Helicopter Squadron
C Flight - 6 Aircrew 2 CH124 Sea King
D Flight - 6 Aircrew 2 CH124 Sea King

427 Special Operations Aviation Squadron
A Flight - 12 Aircrew, 4 CH-146 Griffon
B Flight - 12 Aircrew, 4 CH-146 Griffon

450 Tactical Helicopter Squadron
A Flight - 12 Aircrew, 4 CH-47 Chinook (second Phase)

Objectives
[ ] Sail to location off coast of Nova Scotia
[ ] RV with remainder of 423 MHS and 427 SOAS to practice deck landings.
[ ] Transfer to Standing Maritime Patrol Group

To begin the exercise all ships have left port and all helicopters have forward deployed to CFB Shearwater ready for exercise (refuelling along the way)
Edited by Nathan, May 19 2018, 10:06 PM.
Disclaimer: My IC actions do not necessarily reflect my OOC views.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nathan
Member Avatar

Posted Image

With HMS Puncher in position of the coast of Canada, the first helicopters have begun to arrive in the airspace of the ship. First to arrive are 423 Maritime Helicopter Squadron with their 4 sea kings. The aircraft first fly a ceremonial flypast off the port bow of the mistral flying in diamond formation with a large Canadian flag draped from the front aircraft.

With the flypast complete and the flag retrieved, the 4 aircraft touch down on the deck of Puncher. The crew run about as their secure the aircraft and lock them to the deck. The Sea Training Atlantic team rate the performance of the crew as the sea kings are taken to below deck. Just in time for the arrival of 427 Special Operations Aviation Squadron and their 8 Griffons. Once again, the aircraft land and are stored as the pilots begin to understand how to land on the pitching, turning and moving deck of Puncher. With the first wave successfully landed the pilots and crew are debriefed by STA on their performance and how they can improve. At the end, the crew are stood down from flying stations to get some much needed rest before the arrival of the chinooks tomorrow.
Edited by Nathan, May 19 2018, 10:10 PM.

Nathan
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Delayed by poor weather, the second wave reach the HMCS Puncher. Once again, the four chinooks que up in a straight line, staggered in distance to give each helicopter time to land on their parking spot. The 12 helicopters were below deck in the hanger bay giving the chinooks a clear run at the deck. One by one the helicopters line up running parrallel with the flight line and slowly swing into their parking space. The yellow flight crew guide the helicopters in as one by one they land agaisnt the pitching and tipping deck. Within 5 minutes, the 4 chinooks are strapped down and secured from their flight. Their engines switched off and running cold as the crew. The chinook crew disembark to grab food and rest on board ready to return back to land tomorrow morning

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Military Training and Exercises · Next Topic »
Add Reply