STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

France | Official Statements and Speeches

Taranis

Apprentice
Jun 27, 2023
image-jpg.7297

Official Statements and Speeches

Statement from the Ministry of Overseas Affairs

Classification: Public

The Council of Ministers met in a special meeting to discuss the situation in New Caledonia.

A state of emergency has been declared by the Council of Ministers. We reiterate that we will be enforcing this decree extremely severely. We warn everyone in New Caledonia, and in particular in North Province, to remain indoors if possible, and do not enter or leave North Province. We are currently in contact with officials there and are supporting them in their endeavour to enforce the state of emergency.

There have been reports of police violence in New Caledonia. These rumours are false. The Government stands behind the National Police, and we will take action against persons propagating these false rumours.

The Government resolved to deploy officers of the National Police without delay, to ease the situation on the officers currently in New Caledonia. More information will be released shortly by the Ministry of the Interior.

We remain committed to the deployment of planned Foreign Legion soldiers and a radar station to the island in the coming weeks. These forces will ensure the continued territorial integrity of France. They will also participate in future operations to combat any independence movements in New Caledonia.

The President of the Republic ordered the National Police to take all measures necessary to find and apprehend members of the AINC. As such, it is advised for everyone to cooperate fully with police, otherwise you will be detained and there is a risk of being placed under house arrest.

We are contacting with allies in the region to request assistance. More information will be released as we receive them.

Brigitte Girardin
Minister for Overseas Affairs

Taranis

Apprentice
Jun 27, 2023
image-jpg.7297

Transcript of statement outside La Place Beauvau

The Paris Police Prefecture has confirmed to me that the Minister of the Interior, Nicolas Sarkozy, was killed in an explosion in the suburbs of Paris around an hour ago.

At around the same time, I was informed that a plane carrying National Police officers was shot down over New Caledonia while landing. The Ministry of Overseas Affairs will release a statement as soon as we receive the full picture.

We are continuing to be updated on the situation by the National Police. Until then, I have been confirmed as Acting Interior Minister. Now, gentlemen, please excuse me. You'll understand that I am a very busy man- yes, we're working on a full report now.

Thank you.

François Baroin
Acting Minister of the Interior
Deputy Minister of the Interior

Taranis

Apprentice
Jun 27, 2023
image-jpg.7297

Statement from the Ministry of the Interior

The Prefect of Police in Paris has informed me that he can say, with 100% certainty, that the murder of M. Sarkozy was perpetrated by the Army for the Independence of New Caledonia.
We believe this based on the following information:

• Fragments of the bomb can be traced to the armoury on New Caledonia; we are working to find how it left the secure compound.
  • Witnesses report a man, whom we can identify to be of Kanak descent, in the area hours before the explosion; CCTV shows him with a large box under his shirt.
  • A forensics search of the immediate vincinity of the explosion has found a Kanak flag, and an ID card tracing the holder of it to New Caledonia.

Let me say that we will not let this attack go unpunished. I am in contact with police on New Caledonia, who are preparing to apprehend suspects in this attack.

François Baroin
Acting Minister of the Interior
Deputy Minister of the Interior

Taranis

Apprentice
Jun 27, 2023
image-jpg.7297

Internal Memorandum from the High Commissioner of the Republic in New Caledonia

Classification: Secret

I have been granted extraordinary powers to deal with the threat to public security posed by the AINC. After speaking to Minister Girardin, I have ordered the following:

1. A special court is to be established in Koumac. Its proceedings shall be secret, but it may try any person for any offence relating to public security. The National Police is authorised to enforce its rulings. Its membership is to consist of myself, Captain Florian of the National Police, and the new officer commanding the police reinforcements.
  2. The National Police may shoot on sight any suspected AINC member. No record of these actions shall exist.
  3. The Kanak people shall be considered a threat due to their historic support of independence. They may be interned in camps at the discretion of the National Police.
  4. The communes of Koumac, Poum, and Belep shall be secured as a 'safe zone' for loyalists. Uncooperative locals may be moved to intern camps.
While some of these actions may be considered illegal, in particular (3) and (4), it is further ordered that no record of this ordinance, or any actions under it, shall exist.

This order shall not be signed or dated. This copy is to be destroyed by all recipients.

Taranis

Apprentice
Jun 27, 2023
image-jpg.7297

This morning, I received news that a convoy of officers was ambushed and taken prisoner by AINC insurgents, while attempting to recapture a prisoner who had been taken by the AINC and released from French custody.

Out of some fifty officers, thirty were killed or wounded, and twenty were captured. These are rough estimates and we will continue updating the public. The wounded are being treated by the AINC; we are sending negotiators to negotiate their release to French medical facilities.

We have lost many brave and loyal officers in this attack. I have been assured that French lives will not unnecessarily be put at risk like this again, and to this end more police will be deployed to New Caledonia. We will also be considering deploying more military forces as soon as we can.

Thank you.

Brigitte Girardin

Taranis

Apprentice
Jun 27, 2023
image-jpg.7297

After careful consideration with the President, the General Staff and the Government on New Caledonia, we have decided to allow humanitarian aid to be sent into New Caledonia from Thailand.

This decision was made after considering the implications of foreign military forces in New Caledonia. It has been agreed that, in view of the special circumstances and our need for humanitarian aid, we will allow Thai forces to accompany and protect the aid, provided that they are under French command.
The supplies will go a long way to helping impoverished people in New Caledonia, and is part of our commitment to supporting and developing a French New Caledonia.

Brigitte Girardin

Taranis

Apprentice
Jun 27, 2023
image-jpg.7297

Statement from the Ministry of the Interior

We are looking at the events in Spain with great interest and concern. I have spoken to multiple officials in the Departmental Council of Pyrénées-Orientales, and I am happy to confirm that there are no current tensions in that region.

However, with rumours of a possible escalation of the Catalonain independence movement, just south of our border, France will continue to prepare for any scenario which could endanger the safety of the Republic, especially with an insurrection in New Caledonia at the moment.

François Baroin
Minister of the Interior

• Love
Reactions: Zak

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BerniceOnefe