STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Netherlands] European Union Talks with Denmark

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Kingdom of the Netherlands

Recipient: Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Denmark (JamieA)
Cc: -
Subject: Technical Talks following the Grand European Summit
Attachment: Draft Treaty on the European Union
Classification:
CONFIDENTIAL

Your Excellency,

I am contacting you today under the directive of Prime Minister Jaap de Hoop Scheffer to convey our intention to invite your government to the Amsterdam Summit, to be organised in the next few months, where a Treaty on the European Union can be signed by all participants. A formal invitation will be sent at a later date.

Prior to the holding of the Amsterdam Summit, we are hoping to hold discussions with all prospective participants individually in order to discuss the current draft, hear your government’s position on various policy areas, and to address and desire for amendments and changes to the current draft.

I am aware that Denmark was not in attendance during the Grand European Summit in Olso, however we believe that Denmark would make a good partner in European cooperation and we are interested in involving your government in further talks. Attached to this message is the latest draft of the Treaty. I kindly request that you review this version and convey your position on the draft (whether that be in full agreement, or in the case that you have any changes to submit).

Additionally, I would kindly request that you answer the following questions in order to know your positions on some of the most critical provisions of the draft.

1. Do you agree with the current structure of the Union, that it will consist of:​
a. European Council (consisting of Heads of State or Government);
b. Council of the European Union (consisting of cabinet-level officials and lower level civil servants);
c. European Commission (which will support the President of the European Council in day-to-day administrative tasks), and;
d. European Court of Justice (to ensure the enforcement of European Law).​
2. Do you agree with the election procedure for the President of the European Council?​
a. Additionally, do you agree with the term-length and maximum number of terms for the President?​
4. Do you agree with the rotating presidency of the Council of the European Union?
5. Do you agree with the provisions regarding European Law?
6. Do you agree with the legislative provisions regarding European Law?
7. Do you agree with the accession and withdrawal provisions?​

Yours Sincerely,

Atzo Nicolaï
Secretary of State for European Affairs

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

sPEan74.png

Security Clarification: Confidential & Secure

To: Secretary of State for European Affairs, Atzo Nicolai (Atzo.Nicolai@government.nl) | Dutchy
Cc:
Subject: European Union
From: Minister of Foreign Affairs, August T. Christensen (August.Christensen@um.dk)
Dear Minister Nicolai

I thank you for the invite to the Amsterdam Summit, and I can say that a representative from the Kingdom of Denmark will attend however the Administration is in two minds of such an organisation. We have a few questions ourselves which I shall outline below before replying to the questions you have asked:

- What is the purpose of the European Union, and how useful will it be?
- In line with the Global Assembly, will there be laws set out that we have to adopt? or will the laws be down to us to adopt?
- How useful will the European Court of Justice be, what will happen if a nation doesn't agree with it or its findings?
- If a nation joins but wishes to leave in the future, will they be able too and what would be the process?

1. Do you agree with the current structure of the Union, that it will consist of: - Yes
a. European Council (consisting of Heads of State or Government);
b. Council of the European Union (consisting of cabinet-level officials and lower level civil servants);
c. European Commission (which will support the President of the European Council in day-to-day administrative tasks), and;
d. European Court of Justice (to ensure the enforcement of European Law).
2. Do you agree with the election procedure for the President of the European Council? - Yes
a. Additionally, do you agree with the term-length and maximum number of terms for the President? - Yes
4. Do you agree with the rotating presidency of the Council of the European Union? - Yes
5. Do you agree with the provisions regarding European Law? - Yes and no
6. Do you agree with the legislative provisions regarding European Law? Yes and no
7. Do you agree with the accession and withdrawal provisions? Yes

Warmest regards,
Mr. August T. Christensen
Minister of Foreign Affairs

Copyrighted @ Kingdom of Denmark​

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Kingdom of the Netherlands

Recipient: Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Denmark (JamieA)
Cc: -
Subject: Technical Talks following the Grand European Summit
Attachment: Draft Treaty on the European Union
Classification:
CONFIDENTIAL

Your Excellency,

I would like to thank you for your response to the questions I have posed. Additionally, I want to thank you for posing your own constructive questions in regards to the Union.

The true response to the collection of questions you have posed is that it would be up to the Member States. The normative purpose of the Union, as listed in Article 2, is to promote peace, stability, and prosperity; enchange cooperation; and support and promote European values. Practically, it would be up to the Member States to propose specifical elements of how to achieve these objectives. The Member States could opt to focus on economic cooperation through trade and monetary policy, or delve into cultural cooperation through visa agreements and heritage protections, or it could be decided that the Union should gain competences in crisis management. In the end it would be up to us, the Member States, to decide the path and purpose of the Union.

As detailed in the draft, along with the EU, there would be the introduction of European Law. These laws would supersede national laws due to their international nature. These laws, if passed, would eventually have to be adopted by the Member States. However, it is our hope that the legislative process we have set out in the draft will promote consensus building and avoid any polarisation. We are of course happy to hear your thoughts on the current draft legislative process.

The addition of the European Court of Justice is to ensure that European Laws can be reviewed in the event of a breach. Rather than having the European Council spend precious time on such matters, especially civil matters, we felt that the institution of the ECJ would be better suited to conduct such tasks. Any Member State would of course have to respect the ECJ as it would be a core instituion of the Union, and its findings would of course have to be respected. In the event that does not happen, it would be up to the Euroean Council to deliberate on the matter and decide upon any sanctions.

The current draft enlargement process is detailed in Title VII of the draft. If you wish to suggest any amendments, I would be happy to receive them.

Yours Sincerely,

Atzo Nicolaï
Secretary of State for European Affairs

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

MoFA.png

Security Clarification: Confidential & Secure

To: Secretary of State for European Affairs, Atzo Nicolai (Atzo.Nicolai@government.nl) | Dutchy
Cc:
Subject: European Union
From: Minister of Foreign Affairs, August T. Christensen (August.Christensen@um.dk)
Dear Minister Nicolai

I must apologies for the late reply, however I was under heavy pressure to reform the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and at this moment in time, the Administration has agreed that the European Union (EU) wouldn't benefit the Kingdom of Denmark at this moment in time, I must thank you for thinking of us and hopefully in the near the future the European Union (EU) would benefit the Kingdom of Denmark and possibly seeing the Danish Administration joining the EU.

Warmest regards,
Mr. August T. Christensen
Minister of Foreign Affairs

Copyrighted @ Kingdom of Denmark​

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II