STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Netherlands] Message to the United States

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Ministry of Defence
Kingdom of the Netherlands

Recipient: Jay Stevens, Department of Defense, United States of America (Odinson)
Cc: -
Subject: Treaty Discussions
Attachment: Draft- American-Dutch Arms Agreement 2001 | Working Paper - US Coast Guard Station Rotterdam
Classification:
CONFIDENTIAL

Dear Deputy Secretary,

This communiqe follow on from the meeting between the Minister of Foreign Affairs and the United States Ambassador to the Netherlands. Attached (above) is an amended draft of the agreement put forward by Ambassador Kennedy. We kindly request that the Department of Defense reviews this latest draft and responds with any amendments.

Furthermore, I can report that the Council of Ministers has given a positive assesment of the proposal voiced by Ambassador Kennedy that the United States may be permitted to establish a Coast Guard Station in Rotterdam. Attached is a working paper on the logistics of such a plan to give your department some more insight on going forward with this proposal. We recommend scheduling a meeting at your earliest convinience to discuss finer details of an agreement which sees the establishment of the Coast Guard Station

Yours Sincerely,

Cees van der Knaap
Secretary of State for Defence

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Flag.gif
2068px-US_Department_of_Defense_seal.svg.png
Deputy-Sec-Def-flag.png

OFFICE OF
THE DEPUTY SECRETARY OF DEFENSE

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE

TO: Cees van der Knaap, Secretary of State for Defense of The Kingdom of The Netherlands (Dutchy )
FROM: Jay B. Stevens, Deputy Secretary of Defense of the United States of America

Secretary van der Knaap,

Thank you for your message to my office. I am happy to hear that the Department of State is in negotiations with your government and I hope that our countries have a bright future ahead of us.

Myself as Deputy Secretary of Defense, and the Department of Defense as a unique executive department, have no constitutional authority or temporary authority from the President to negotiate treaties. This is entirely the responsibility of the President and the State Department. However, I can tell you that if the President is willing to sign this treaty, the Department of Defense has no issue with the items that are being sold. With that being said, I have noticed that your government has made some notable changes to the proposed treaty, specifically Article 5, Section 2 of your version of the treaty. I will forward this information to the State Department.

I will also forward your proposal for the Coast Guard Station in Rotterdam to the office of the Secretary of Homeland Security, as the Coast Guard was moved back to the Department of Homeland Security in September of last year.

I wish I could have been more help today, but know that my office is always ready to help if your government has any questions or concerns on any matter.

Respectfully,

Jay B. Stevens
Deputy Secretary of Defense

Last edited:

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Flag.gif
1024px-Seal_of_the_United_States_Department_of_Homeland_Security.svg.png
Secretary-of-Homeland-Security-flag.png

OFFICE OF
THE SECRETARY OF HOMELAND SECURITY

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE
TO: Cees van der Knaap, Secretary of State for Defense of The Kingdom of The Netherlands (Dutchy )
FROM: Arlo Poole, Secretary of Homeland Security of The United States of America

Secretary van der Knaap,

I have spoken with top brass at the Coast Guard and the Lighthouse Service. Your proposed sites for the Coast Guard station at Rotterdam are excellent. After further review, we would like to request both Option 1 and Option 2. Would this be acceptable to your government?

Furthermore, I think it may be helpful to develop a memorandum of understanding between the Coast Guard and the Dutch Government. I think it would be best if we have a basic outline of what the purpose of this venture is and how the Coast Guard plans to cooperate with the Dutch Coast Guard and Navy, as well as the Dutch government. We could even include a mission-statement.

After speaking with the State Department and my colleagues at the Coast Guard, my understanding is that the purpose of this Coast Guard station would be, in no particular order: 1) To help train Dutch sailors, 2) To coordinate with the Dutch armed forces and perform exercises at sea, 3) To assist the Dutch Coast Guard in life-saving missions in Dutch and nearby international waters, 4) To construct a navigational guide at the station as a free public good for everyone, 5) To assist the Dutch armed forces, Coast Guard, and police (whenever asked) by responding to any armed attack or illegal actions at the Port of Rotterdam or the surrounding area, or in Dutch waters.

Please let me know if any of the above is inaccurate.

Respectfully,

Arlo Poole
Secretary of Homeland Security

Last edited:

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Ministry of General Affairs

Recipient: Chief of Staff, Executive Office of the President, United States of America
Subject: Finalised Draft of the American-Dutch Arms Agreement 2001
Attachment: American-Dutch Arms Agreement 2001
Classification:
SECRET

Dear Chief of Staff,

I hereby send you the finalised draft of the American-Dutch Arms Agreement 2001 (aka ADAA-2001). Once we hear your communication of the approval of the draft we shall submit the treaty to the States-General. It may take up to 30-days for the treaty to be approved by parliament. Once the treaty has been approved by parliament, then we can have our ambassador in Washington sign the treaty in two-fold, before a copy is sent back to The Hague to be deposited in the Treaty Depositary of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.

Yours Sincerely,

Ben Maas
Secretary General

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Ministry of General Affairs

Recipient: Secretary of Homeland Security, Department of Homeland Security, United States of America
Subject: Coast Guard Station
Attachment: Memorandum of Understanding on the Establishment of a Coast Guard Station in Rottderdam
Classification:
CONFIDENTIAL

Dear Secretary Poole,

Your request for a possible lease on both options 1 and 2 is acceptable and something that we are willing to faciliate. I have attached a draft MoU to review, it aims to establish a working group that will draft a joint reccommendation on the next phases of the project. Please let me know if you have any concerns or wish to submit any amendments to the MoU.

Yours Sincerely,

Cees van der Knaap

Last edited:

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Flag.gif
1024px-Seal_of_the_Executive_Office_of_the_President_of_the_United_States_2014.svg.png
1920px-Flag_of_the_Executive_Office_of_the_President_of_the_United_States.svg.png

THE WHITE HOUSE

TOP SECRET

TO: Ben Maas, Secretary General of the Ministry of General Affairs of the Kingdom of The Netherlands ( Dutchy )
FROM: Duncan Nicholas, Assistant to the President and Chief of Staff

Secretary General Maas,

I have passed this finalized version of the "American-Dutch Arms Agreement of 2001" to President Gore. We have noticed that the titles are number "I" "II" and "V". I presume that this was a mistake, so I had an exact copy produced with this small change made. Attached to this email is a digital copy of the signed treaty; a physical copy has been sent to your office to present to the Prime Minister, and we have retained a physical copy for the National Archives. President Gore has informed the Vice President that the consideration of this treaty is a pressing matter. It is expected that the Senate will ratify the treaty either by the end of business today, or tomorrow. For the sake of expediency, a representative from the Capitol will contact your office once the Senate has ratified it.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Duncan Nicholas
Assistant to the President and Chief of Staff

Last edited:

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Flag.gif
1024px-Seal_of_the_Vice_President_of_the_United_States.svg.png
Formal-flag-VP.png

OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE

TO: Ben Maas, Secretary General of the Ministry of General Affairs of the Kingdom of The Netherlands ( Dutchy )
FROM: Benjamin V. Sinclair, Vice President of the United States of America

Secretary General Maas,

As Vice President of the United States and President of the United States Senate, I am writing to inform you that the "American-Dutch Arms Agreement of 2001" has been unanimously ratified by the Senate. The only limitations placed on the treaty by the Senate is that it will not go into effect until it has been signed by the Prime Minister, the States General have ratified it according to your country's legal standards, and Her Majesty Queen Beatrix grants her royal assent.

While I feel that it is my duty to maintain neutrality in almost all cases when the Senate is considering legislation, I personally hoped that this treaty would pass. The Netherlands and the United States share historical crossroads and the modern Dutch government is known for its impartiality and wisdom. It is my hope, as I know it is also the President's, that the United States of America and the Kingdom of The Netherlands develop a close working relationship in the realm of geopolitics and military cooperation. I have spoken extensively with President Gore, the Secretary of Homeland Security, and the Commandant of the Coast Guard about the potential establishment of a Coast Guard facility in The Netherlands. While my service was in the Army Air Forces and the Air Force, I have grown to also appreciate the services that the Coast Guard provides to the American people. I strongly feel that the establishment of such a facility would benefit both of our countries, and I hope that it will soon be set in stone.

I have attached a copy of Treaty Doc. 107-1. You may reach out to my office if you have any further concerns or considerations. Please give the Prime Minister my regards.

Very Respectfully,

Benjamin V. Sinclair
Vice President of the United States of America

Last edited:

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Ministry of Interior Affairs & Kingdom Relations

Recipient: Office of the Vice President, United States of America (Odinson)
Subject: American-Dutch Arms Agreement
Attachment: Transaction Receipt
Classification:
CONFIDENTIAL

Dear Mr Vice President,

It is my pleasure to inform you that the States-General, our parliament, has given implicit consent to the American-Dutch Arms Agreement 2001. Attached to this message is an official receipt of the transfer required prior to any licensed production by the Netherlands.

I have been asked by Secretary of State for Defence van der Knaap that he is still awaiting a response from the Department of Homeland Security on a draft memorandum of understanding that was requested. We would highly appreciate it if you pass this on to the Secretary of Homeland Security.

I look forwards to the long and fruitful relationship between our two great countries.

Yours Sincerely,

Johan Remkes
Minister of Interior Affairs & Kingdom Relations
Deputy Prime Minister

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Flag.gif

OFFICE OF

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE

TO: Cees van der Knaap, Secretary of State for Defense of The Kingdom of The Netherlands ( Dutchy )
FROM: Arlo Poole, Secretary of Homeland Security of the United States of America

Secretary van der Knaap,

I have gone over the memorandum with other officials in the Department of Homeland Security and also the State Department. We are generally in agreement with the wording and intent of the memorandum. However, because of the significant investment we would be putting into this project, would it be possible to amend this agreement so that it does not require further review after six months, but will instead stay in place unless otherwise brought up by either party? Essentially, either party can request a review at any time, but the agreement will not cease just because we do not have one?

If something can be done along these lines, we would greatly appreciate it. Please let me know what you think.​

Very Respectfully,

Arlo Poole

Last edited:

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Ministry of Defence

Recipient: Secretary of Homeland Security, Department of Homeland Security, United States of America (Odinson)
Cc:
Subject: United States Coast Guard Station Rotterdam
Attachment: MoU on the Establishment of a Coast Guard Station in Rotterdam
Classification: CONFIDENTIAL

Mr Secretary,

I thank you for getting back to me on the proposed Memorandum of Understanding. I have made the amendments you have suggested and attached an updated version to this correspondence. Please let me know if you have any further suggestions.

If not, then I shall dispatch our Ambassador in Washington D.C. to your office to sign a copy for your archives and I hope that your Ambassador in The Hague would be available to sign another copy here for our archives.

Yours Sincerely,

Cees van der Knaap

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Flag.gif

OFFICE OF

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE

TO: Cees van der Knaap, Secretary of State for Defense of The Kingdom of The Netherlands ( Dutchy )
FROM: Arlo Poole, Secretary of Homeland Security of the United States of America

Secretary van der Knaap,

I have reviewed this agreement along with representatives from the State Department. The changes are acceptable to us and we are excited to move forward. The ambassador is welcome to come to my office at the DHS headquarters in Washington D.C. I look forward to finally putting this agreement in place so that our countries can establish a functional and valuable permanent working relationship with each other. I have strong confidence in the United States Coast Guard and its ability to work with your government and your armed forces. Thank you for the time that you and your team have put into putting this together.​

Very Respectfully,

Arlo Poole

Last edited:

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Ministry of Defence

Recipient: Arlo Poole, Secretary of Homeland Security, United States of America (Odinson)
Cc:
Subject: United States Coast Guard Station Rotterdam
Attachment:
Classification:
CONFIDENTIAL

Your Excellency,

Thank you for all your efforts. I shall ask the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to dispatch the ambassador to your office. Upon receiving the signature of your Ambassador in The Hague a Project Coordinator will be assigned to the Working Group and shall reach out to your department for the next steps in the process.

Yours Sincerely,

Cees van der Knaap

-------------

The Dutch Ambassador in Washington would receive directions from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to deliver the copy of the Memorandum to the Department of Homeland Security. A copy with Dutch signature would be securely faxed to the Embassy for the Ambassador to receive.

Once prepared the Ambassador would be driven to the office of the Secretary of DHS and report at the reception. There he would ask to deliver the copy of the Memorandum to the Secretary. Once signed, this signed copy would be left with the Americans for their archives.

Meanwhile in The Hague the Ministry of Defence would await for the arrival of the American Ambassador to sign the archival copy. for the Netherlands.

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Private

The White House would authorize the Secretary of Homeland Security and Ambassador John F. Kennedy Jr. to sign the memorandum. There would be witnesses from the State Department and the Coast Guard present at both signings. The original American copy would be put into the National Archives and a copy of the original would be sent to the White House for their records as well. The appropriate members of congress would be informed of the new agreement as well as the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of the Navy. The Commandant of the Coast Guard would begin preparations for the construction of the Coast Guard facility in the Netherlands as well as looking at what troops and assets would be stationed there.

Dutchy

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II