STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Thailand | 2004 New Year Day

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Just A Five Minutes Between You and I
Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock. The relentless march of time echoed through the bustling metropolitan street, a constant whisper in the backdrop of life's chaos. My face contorted slightly in response to the elusive voice that emerged from the temporal symphony. "Who's there?" I questioned cautiously, disrupting my pace in the midst of the busy street. Soul after soul passed by, each seemingly synchronized with the rhythm of time. A distant chime reached my ears, rising above the urban cacophony, leading my gaze towards an illuminating temple on the horizon. Yet, as my eyes met its ethereal presence, a subtle yet seismic shift crumbled the foundations of my soul. In the blink of an eye, I found myself in a spectral form, hovering above the humming metropolis below. The city's pulse thrummed beneath me, a living entity with its own heartbeat. The experience was akin to a silent revelation, a journey through the intangible realms of existence.

Bangkok, the city where my parents ushered me into this mortal realm, unfolded beneath me. From this lofty vantage point, an unknown specter of both familiarity and detachment, a sense of liberation enveloped me, unfurling its wings like a long-forgotten melody. The pulsating heart of the metropolis beat on, oblivious to my ethereal presence. In this suspended moment, I felt simultaneously grand and minuscule, a mere silhouette against the velvety expanse of a star-lit cosmos. Unshackled from the constraints of societal norms and cultural expectations, I pondered the cosmic questions that loomed over me. Where was my place in this vast tapestry of existence? Whom did I yearn for in the boundless void, and why was I intricately woven into the fabric of precise time and space? These thoughts, like whispers of the universe, lingered in the transparency of my being.

Yet, amid this liberation, a persistent void gnawed at the edges of my transparent form, refusing to relinquish its hold. I grappled with the paradox of newfound freedom coexisting with an unshakable tether to an unseen force. The cosmic dance of questions remained, and I stood at the intersection of understanding and bewilderment, my existence a brushstroke on the canvas of the cosmos. Yet, within this celestial moment, the universe granted me an abundance of time to ponder the enigmatic questions that danced through my consciousness. The prospect of exploring the vast expanse of my homeland beckoned—an adventure long harbored in the recesses of my desires. As I considered the date, a question surfaced: is there still a place for acknowledging it, or is time but a construct, a mere illusion shaping our perception of reality? The answers, elusive as ever, hovered beyond reach, veiled in the mysteries of existence.

Descending from my ephemeral perch, I found myself navigating the bustling squares of Bangkok, each step echoing with the resonance of questions left unanswered. My gaze fixed upon my recently vacated apartment—was it premature to label it 'old' when I had only just departed its threshold? Amidst the towering skyscrapers, each an architectural testament to human creativity, the conundrum of temporal perception unraveled before me. The revelation struck with the impending arrival of 2024, the turning point for Thailand, merely five minutes away. Now armed with the knowledge of time's passage, I wondered, would the mortal denizens of this metropolis share in this awareness, or would the essence of time remain an intangible enigma?

During my stroll down the familiar thoroughfare, an unexpected gust propelled a newspaper directly toward my face. Oddly, instead of colliding with me, it paused, hovering in front as if guided by unseen forces, a peculiar dance with the laws of physics. Stepping back in mild astonishment, I observed a surreal calm settling over the street—every soul, every element frozen in a tranquil tableau. Inexplicably, the towering figure of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra glared in my direction, his stern visage illuminated on the skyscraper's colossal screen. A mere coincidence, I reasoned, dismissing the eerie alignment of our gazes. My attention returned to the suspended newspaper, its headlines proclaiming, "How Thailand Changed in 2003," a title that echoed with an air of significance. I couldn't shake the feeling that this limited edition was meant for me, a delivery tailored to an unseen recipient—perhaps a harbinger of revelations about the tapestry of time and my role within its unfolding narrative.

As I perused the peculiar unfurling of this enigmatic paper scroll, the unspoken query lingered—how could a once underdeveloped and underrepresented nation metamorphose into a global powerhouse? The narrative unfolded like an intricate tapestry, woven by an elusive force that seemed privy to the arcane wisdom of the world, perhaps even the cosmos—a knowledge eclipsing the brilliance of the world's most luminous minds. I found myself drawn into a contemplative dance, pondering the identity of these puppeteers orchestrating the grand theater of existence.

Page by page, I traversed the story, capturing every minute detail in a mental sketchpad, a practice I'd normally shun to avoid resembling a cantankerous old-timer. Yet, within the folds of this unfolding narrative, nostalgia crept in, echoing the absence of a figure I affectionately dubbed 'gramp.' The celestial realm may house his spirit, but the cosmic vastness proved too expansive for my earthly senses to pinpoint his retired essence in the afterlife's infinite expanse.

Disconcertingly, a peculiarly radiant void materialized at the center of the page, its luminosity defying the inherent flatness of paper. It spoke—or at least, I could swear it did, yet not in a manner directed at me. It seemed engaged in a discourse with an unseen counterpart, as if a cosmic conversation echoed within its brilliance, interwoven with another dialogue beyond my auditory reach. The enigma unfolded—a conversation within conversations. The brilliance intensified, akin to a white hole, expanding with each passing second. In the midst of this cosmic crescendo, a distant chime reverberated through the air, synchronized with the rhythmic flutter of my eyelids as they blinked in response to the ethereal symphony.

The symphony of the bustling street enveloped me before I could even pry open my eyes. Amidst the familiar cacophony, a vibrant voice cut through the urban rhythm, tethering me back to the mortal realm. "Hey, Robert! You've been fixated on that temple for quite a spell. Aren't you eager to witness Mr. Thaksin's speech in person anymore? We missed it last year, you know!" The lively orchestrator of this interruption was none other than my girlfriend, Ashley—an unapologetically vocal force. I chuckled, casting a wry glance around before allowing laughter to bubble forth. Ashley's expression morphed, a perplexed twist as if questioning the sincerity of my amusement.

"Yeah, perhaps we should pick up the pace; 2004 is just five minutes away," I quipped, a playful nod to the temporal snippets I'd encountered during my sojourn through this city. What a weird dream, I thought. Never thought that I would fall asleep while watching a temple.