STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

United States | Message to Russia

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
7JzI6cv.png
1024px-Seal_of_the_President_of_the_United_States.svg.png
Formal-flag-fringe.png

THE WHITE HOUSE

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE

TO: Boris Nemstov, President of The Russian Federation ( Jay )

President Nemstov,

Congratulations on you and your party's electoral victory. During the tenure of my administration, I have required the State Department to prioritize the maintenance of diplomatic relations between the United States and Russia. It is in the best interest of both of our countries, and the entire world, for our governments to have open and formally established diplomatic channels so that we can work together. Since I have been President, troops from our countries have operated and fought, side-by-side, in both Ukraine and the war in Turkey. Russian ground forces fought bravely in Anatolia and were one of the major reasons why allied forces found ourselves victorious in that conflict. It is a strong conviction of mine that the United States and Russia have much more to gain by working together to build a safer world than working against each other because of old quarrels from the twentieth century. I hope that you agree and that our governments can continue to work together as international partners in an everchanging and complicated geopolitical landscape.​

Respectfully,

Al Gore
President of the United States

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
150px-Emblem_of_the_President_of_Russia.svg.png

AUTHENTIC COMMUNIQUE OF THE OFFICE OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
Security Clearance: Secure and Encrypted​
[Recipient]: Office of the President of the United States < Odinson >
[Sender]: Office of the President of the Russian President < MAnatova@Kremlin.de.gov >
[Subject]: Bilateral Relations
Your Excellency President Al Gore

It is with much appreciation that I receive your communique; more so am I reassured by the contents of its message. I believe, as you have highlighted, peaceful coexistence, respect for each other, and global cooperation are values which should under pin Russo-American relations. The maitnence of positive diplomatic relations is a global imperative for the continued prosperity of the international community.

I equally echo you desires, and have urged the Prime Minister and her Government to expedite all measures for the maintenance of positive relations. I look forward to her response to ensure that our two nations may continue to develop together.

As President of the Russian Federation, I extend my heartfelt desire for you to visit the Federation and extend an open offer to you and your family to visit. Whenever it may be most convenient, I am eager to see the continued positive relations between our nations and wish you well and good health.

Kind regards,
Boris Nemstov,
President of the Russian Federation

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
7JzI6cv.png
Formal-flag-fringe.png

THE WHITE HOUSE

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE

President Nemstov,

Your offer for an American state visit to Russia is deeply appreciated. Because of the situation in Canada and current tensions between Canada and France, it would be unwise for me to leave the United States. However, if these hostilities are concluded soon, I would be honored to take up your offer or possibly host you in a visit to Washington.

In the meantime, it is critical for our government to maintain as many legitimate diplomatic channels as possible. I hope that you would allow the United States to reestablish its embassy in Moscow and, in return, the United States would allow the Russian Federation to reestablish its embassy in Washington. I believe this would be a fantastic first-step in relations between our two countries.​

Respectfully,

Al Gore

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

[Sender]: Office of the President of the Russian President < MAnatova@Kremlin.de.gov >

President Al Gore,

Your invitation to the Federation remains open, and it is our hope that you will pay a visit as soon as possible, and await your arrival. We are mindful of global affairs and remain understanding.

I hope that we may arrange a formal call to discuss the situation in Canada, France's actions, the state of the world, and outline Russo-American partnership for the interest of humanity. I believe such a call is crucial to set a positive first step and am eager to lay out our potential partnership.

Russian Federation​
United States​
  • Russian Consulate in Seattle.
  • Russian Consulate in New York.
  • Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Houston.
  • Consulate General of the Russian Federation in San Francisco.
  • Embassy of the Russian Federation in Washington DC.
  • American Consulate-General in Vladivstok.
  • American Consulate-General in Yekaterinburg.
  • Embassy of the United States in Moscow

I propose the restoration of all previous diplomatic missions above, and invite the United States should it desire to open other consulates as necessary to facilitate the needs of American citizens and residents in Russia. To echo your sentiments, this would be a positive first step in relations between our countries. I will in the coming days, nominate Yuri Dubinin to be our ambassador to the United States, and I am hopeful to receive his American counterpart in the near future and accredit him.

The Russian Federation furthermore offers its endorsement of ongoing American efforts to mediate the Franco-Canadian Conflict and I offer my personal support to assist you in anyway possible to bring forth a peaceful resolution to the conflict. It is my hope that American diplomacy will prevail.

In light of the global predicament we find ourselves, I also believe it is perhaps appropriate for our Foreign Ministers to meet and discuss our bilateral relations and set out guiding principles we've established.

Sincerely,
Boris Nemstov,

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
7JzI6cv.png
Formal-flag-fringe.png

THE WHITE HOUSE

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE

President Nemstov,

Since 1996, the State Department has permitted very few consulates to be opened in the United States. These are rarely requested and even more rarely approved. However, as a first step towards properly cementing our working relationship, I would be happy to personally approve: the Russian Federation's Embassy in Washington, a Russian consulate in New York, and a Russian consulate in San Francisco. In return, I would respectfully request that we be permitted to reopen the United States embassy in Moscow and the consulate in Vladivstok and Yekaterinburg. Before this can be formally approved, there are certain requirements regarding security at the embassy in Moscow (as I am sure your government may have certain requirements for your embassy in Washington). I will direct the State Department to contact the Russian Foreign Ministry so that these arrangements can be made.

Secretary of State Jackson Fitzgerald is currently in East Asia at this time. However, I think that a meeting between our chief diplomats would be extremely beneficial. After Secretary Fitzgerald has concluded his business in East Asia, I would be more than happy for him to organize a meeting with the Russian Foreign Minister. This would be a great opportunity for our governments to make more complex and long-term plans.

Finally, I would be more than happy to talk to you over the phone. I do not have any pressing matters for the next two hours. If that is appropriate for you, we can initiate a secure call with translators so that we can talk about the current happenigns of the world.​

Respectfully,

Al Gore

An American translator, employed by the State Department and who could fluently speak Russian and English, would be brought into the Oval Office. The Executive Office of The President would confirm to the Russian President's office that President Gore was available for a phone call and could speak now, if President Nemstov was available.

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

President Al Gore,

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has been instructed to await future communications from the United State regarding the security requirements and shall make a determination in accordance with Russian law and international standards as it pertains to their approval.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs would be willing to meet Secretary Fitzgerald in Vladivostok if that is convenient for our two officials to meet. This would be an important, and as you mentioned great opportunity, for our governments to have a more complex and long-term discussion about our bilateral relationship.

I look forward to ou call and dutifully await for it.

Sincerely,
Boris Nemstov,

In the opulent, dimly lit study of the Kremlin, the President, stood by the massive mahogany desk, his gaze fixated on the ornate clock that adorned the wall. The room exuded an air of history and power of the office, with a map of the Russian Empire hanging away from the peering lens of the camera instead focusing on the Russian Flag flaking the red seal of the Republic.

Nemtovs continued to look at the lock which turned slowly. As it churned with a click followed by a click in repetition. His trance was broken as two tall men, hanging tall as their shoulders protruded and their uniforms clung to chests. They placed a document named Operation Mantis in front of the President.

He opened the file, reading its summary as the Defense Staff presented a wide range of proposals, Sri Lanka...South East Asia...the Eastern Mediterranean...significant loss of life...strategic assets...he continued to scan the document unhappy with the results.

Before he could say much more, his secretary called him.

Klara Vasilievna [Chief Personal Secretary]: "Mr. President, a secured line from the White House of the United States of America, I shall prepare it for line 4." She said as she informed the Executive Office the President was ready for the call in three minutes."

Boris Nemstov: "Thank you Klasha, I will be on in just a moment." He said before turning to the two officers. "Gentlemen, tell the Chief these proposals are unacceptable. I want minimal casualties and..."

Colonel Saveliy Vitalievich [Defense Counsel to the President]: "Discrete Mr. Presient?"

Boris Nemstov: "Yes Sava...Discrete. Thank you." He handed the empty briefcase back to them as he placed the document into the mahogany desk. The FSB Command Node within the Kremlin ensured it was an encrypted line from the White House before connecting it to Line 4 in the hard-wired telephone system. As it hit the three minute mark, a female interpreter entered the room, fluent in both English and Russian, she sat down next to the President as he turned on the phone.

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
President Gore waited in the White House with the interpreter from the State Department. While the two waited, they made some small talk together. Vice President Sinclair was in the building and was invited to sit-in on the phone call and listen to what President Nemstov had to say. After a few minutes, the secure line from the United States was connected to the secure line to the Kremlin. The American interpreter was a 34 year-old man from Ohio.

"This is President Gore," Gore said, which was quickly translated into Russian by the interpreter. "Are you there, President Nemstov?"

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"Yes President Gore, I am present. Thank you for preparing to make this call, I appreciate the opportunity to have this discussion. I believe it is a strong and positive step towards long-term fruitful bilateral relations.

The 21st Century Presents a new opportunity for our two countries to reform our mutual understanding and move forward in a new partnership. I hope that We may continue our progress under the START treaties and push forward continued mutual disarmament encompassing biological and strategic weapons.

Additionally, I believe it is important to continue on our Cold War Committee to help recover lost submariners, pilots, and others who have paid the ultimate price in the service of their nations. I hope that our heroes may find peace and their families solace.

I hope that we may formulate a strategic committee to maintain progress in creating a Russo-American Free Trade Agreement, Investment Agreement, Mechanisms for political dialogue, regular meetings of our foreign ministers to discuss important geopolitical issues, space cooperation, and restoring direct military communications.

This is a rough overview of the areas I wish to discuss, I am hopeful to hear your views and additional areas you wish to discuss."

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"That is wonderful to hear," President Gore said.

"Everything that you have mentioned are matters that I would like to discuss as well. If I may, I wanted to specifically address strategic weapons since you mentioned the START treaties. I think that it would be an exceptional accomplishment for both of our countries, and mankind, if we could create a geopolitical framework for the nonproliferation of strategic weapons. Specifically, I think it would be in the world's best interest if our two governments, and the governments of other nations who are capable of producing strategic weapons, were to come together and agree to an export ban of these weapons. This would include ICBMs as well as platforms that can deliver ICBMs like certain submarines, mobile launchers, and fixed-location launchers. In my opinion, an incredible first step for our governments to take would be to lead a global effort to contain the ownership and distribution of strategic weapons... What do you think of this idea?" President Gore asked.

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"The nonproliferation of strategic weapons is indeed an important global issue. Since the multilateral dissolution of our nuclear arsenals after the Cold War, this would be the largest step towards disarmament regarding strategic platforms.

Regarding your proposal, I am in agreement that our government shares your commitment to advancing arms control measures that serve the collective interests of humanity. However, as with any significant diplomatic endeavor, it is essential to ensure clarity and specificity in the terms and parameters of such agreements.

To this end, while I acknowledge the merit of your suggestion, it would be prudent for us to engage in a thorough examination of the proposed platforms and technologies to be included in the export ban. The term strategic weapon is both broad and undefined. Understanding the full scope of strategic weapons systems and the parties involved in their possession is crucial for the effectiveness of any regulatory framework.

Furthermore, we believe it is imperative to distinguish between dual-use platforms, including those provided by Russia, that may have legitimate military applications with the capacity for strategic weapons delivery. Clarifying such distinctions will enable us to develop a nuanced approach that addresses security concerns while allowing for legitimate trade and technological cooperation. Specifically exceptions for platforms which are not given strategic weapon delivery systems or payloads.

In light of these considerations, we would welcome further discussions to explore the feasibility and implications of your proposal in greater detail. I do believe that Russia and the United States working together would be a strong testament to our seriousness to advance our shared objectives of global security and nonproliferation."

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"I think that we should have representatives from our governments hold a diplomatic conference together. We could both send representatives from our foreign offices as well as our armed forces to consider these proposals. You and I discussing the broad topic should be enough for them to study the fine details. Then, perhaps, you and I or the next President of the United States could get together, in person, and bring this treaty to life. Hopefully we could also bring other countries into the scope as well. We would be happy to host this conference in America or, if you would prefer a third-party state, I am sure that we could talk the Polish into hosting it as well. How does that sound, Mister President?" he asked.

President Gore would need to go soon, so he was hoping that they could wrap up the conversation.

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"Yes, I believe it is better for our technical advisors to hash out the nitty details when we are ready to revisit the topic hopefully during your visit to Moscow." He said with a smile, hopeful that President Gore would visit Russia.

"I believe a meeting in Vladivostok would be appropriate for our foreign ministers with attached defense officials who could meet to discuss a wide array of proposals including more open defense channels, trade relations, and ways we can cooperate to reduce global tensions." He said with a pause before concluding. "It has been a pleasure President Gore, I understand that you are a busy statesman and I wish you and your family well. May we see better fortunes for our two great nations"

Odinson

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II