STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: June

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 26/05/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Holy See Message to People's Republic of China

The Young Pope

Newcomer
Nov 20, 2019
His Holiness The Pope
8b0x7JA.png

TOP SECRET ENCRYPTED MESSAGE
To: President of the People's Republic of China, H.E. Mr. Hu Jintao

Your Excellency,

Normally I would have instructed the Secretariat of State to contact its Chinese counterpart, however the fact that this message is directly sent on my own initiative as the world wide leader of the Catholic Church truly indicates the seriousness in which there are matters that ought to be resolved once and for all, in the hopes both of our countries can move on together.

What I find most unfortunate is the difficult question the regarding the Chinese Patriotic Catholic Association's interference in appointing bishops without the direct approval of the Holy See, which has till now prevented full reconciliation between our governments. This is further complicated by the Holy See's recognition of the Republic of China and the location of our Apostolic Nunciature is located in Taipei rather than Beijing.

With the complete knowledge of how times are rapidly changing where some attitude no longer should be continually applied, I hereby propose this solution: In exchange for the Holy See to formally recognise the legitimacy of the Government of the People's Republic of China as well as transferring the Apostolic Nunciature to Beijing, the Chinese Patriotic Catholic Association shall cease to exist and formally allow the Holy See to retain all aspects of controlling and supervising the Catholic Church located in mainland China.

I hope His Excellency seriously considers this proposal for the betterment of all the peoples involved, and that our relations may develop into an essence defining the upcoming 21st century based on a new era.

Until next Time,

Pope Peter II
Bishop of Rome, Vicar of Jesus Christ, Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Primate of Italy, Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Roman Province, Sovereign of the Vatican City State, Servant of the servants of God.
@Alex

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019

PRIVATE AND ENCRYPTED

great-seal-of-china.png

1200px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png

great-seal-of-china.png

To: Pope Petter II

Your Holiness, Peter II

I must say that I am surprised to have received a message from you, your predecessors have not looked kindly on the Chinese government since the civil war came to an end thirty-seven years ago. I must also say that what you are asking for from the People's Republic would be very difficult to accomplish, for both parties.

The Chinese Patriotic Catholic Association was created by my predecessors for the purpose of preventing outside forces holding the loyalty of the Chinese people. They saw Catholicism as nothing more than Western Imperialism, a time-bomb ready to explode and cripple China once again. With that, the CPCA assured that the Holy See would have no authority upon the Chinese people and that their loyalty remained to that of the government and the motherland. However, my predecessor, Mao Zedong, acted harshly and quickly following decades of war. But with that being said, he was not entirely wrong in his thoughts.

While your proposal of recognition is tempting, I have a counter offer: The Holy See will, publicly, revoke their recognition of Taiwan and see them as an illegitimate state and recognize the People's Republic of China as the one and only China. The Apostolic Nunciature in Taipei will be closed down, and with Chinese funds, will be opened in Beijing. In return; I will bring forth a proposal to my government: the Chinese Patriotic Catholic Association will be shut down and the Holy See will be able to bring forth Bishop candidates. While the State Administration for Religious Affairs will not be able to appoint Bishops any longer, the SARA will hold the ability to veto any Bishop the Holy See appoints along with removing any who are already appointed in the risk of this Bishop working against the State, in return; political protection will be given to the Bishop and no legal actions will be taken against any removed Bishop and instead will merely be exiled from the nation and the position will remain vacant until the Holy See appoints another Bishop

If this sounds reasonable, I will bring it before my government and draft up an Agreement document for both of us to sign.

Kindest Regards,
Hu Jintao
President/Paramount Leader
People's Republic of China

@The Young Pope

The Young Pope

Newcomer
Nov 20, 2019
His Holiness The Pope
8b0x7JA.png

Your Excellency,

I'm glad that both of us seem to be more or less on the right path forward to end this relic of an ongoing charade that has been ongoing for far too long. After analyzing the contents of the proposition with the advice of the rest of the Holy See, we would like to return with an additional counter offer to this: Both the SARA along with prominent members of the local Chinese community will submit a list of candidates for episcopal appointements, which will be sent to the Vatican and there I shall in the end determine if these candidates are suitable for the Bishoprics. You see it needs to be clear to all Catholics as well as other outsiders in the world that the Papacy still has supreme control of its own Church, and this arrangement would be more closely related to how European monarchs in the past used to conduct their appointments of higher-classed clergy, theoretically speaking. Bishops that were appointed without the permission of Chinese authorities will have to also give away their seats to the ones recommended by the SARA for instance.

The Church would also like to receive assurances in the form of ending the destruction of shrines dedicated to saints and the removal of Christian symbols and bells from churches, which serve nothing than descecrating religious pilgrimate sites and I would assume to be good sources of tourism income to the state treasury? It would be equally fair if the State Council of China could release a public statement as well that acknowledges the overall supremacy that the Papacy has over the Catholic Church as well, in exchange for us recognising the legitimacy of the PRC and moving the Apostolic Nunciature to Beijing from Taipei.

Finally, here is a planned excerpt of a statement that will surely ensure that everyone will benefit from this arrangement, as well as having assurances from the Chinese Catholic Church that it shall remain loyal to the Communist Party: "On the civil and political level, Chinese Catholics must be good citizens, loving their homeland and serving their country with diligence and honesty, to the best of their ability. On the ethical level, they should be aware that many of their fellow citizens expect from them a greater commitment to the service of the common good and the harmonious growth of society as a whole. In particular, Catholics ought to make a prophetic and constructive contribution born of their faith in the kingdom of God. At times, this may also require of them the effort to offer a word of criticism, not out of sterile opposition, but for the sake of building a society that is more just, humane and respectful of the dignity of each person."

Kind regards,

Pope Peter II
Bishop of Rome, Vicar of Jesus Christ, Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Primate of Italy, Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Roman Province, Sovereign of the Vatican City State, Servant of the servants of God.
@Alex

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019

PRIVATE AND ENCRYPTED

great-seal-of-china.png

great-seal-of-china.png

To: Pope Peter II

Your Holiness Peter II,

If you wish for the people to believe that the Church has supreme power over its people then by all means, I will not prevent you from attempting this. However, the loyalty of these people must remain with the Party. With that being said, I have no problem with the Holy See having veto power on Chinese candidates and will bring the proposition before my government. However, the power for China to remove Bishops in the event of treason, espionage, or other crimes (greater or lesser) must remain. I will continue with the offer that I gave you and that all Bishops elected by the Holy See would be given diplomatic immunity, but exile will remain as an option or if the Holy See decides for it to be so: imprisonment within Chinese prisons.

As for religious symbols, statues, sculptures, the bells within churches, and other religious icons; the People's Republic is in great support for atheism and with that said we deny any of these to appear in public areas. However, I can give you my word that destruction will not be brought upon these Christian, New Religion, and Catholic icons. But all of these items will not be allowed to remain in areas that have not been designated as 'religious locations' and would need to be moved to the following: churches, religious parks, religious museums, or religious landmarks. Bells will be restored to the churches where they have been removed but hard limits on the timing of the ringing of these bells will remain.

Upon my government's approval of this and both of our signatures on the Agreement paper, I will also give a speech which will be broadcast across China, Hong Kong, and Macau. Your excerpt is more than suitable, Your Holiness, I look forward to closer ties between the Vatican and my government.

If we have reached a suitable agreement, I will speak with my government and send you the Agreement papers shortly.

Kindest Regards,
Hu Jintao

@The Young Pope

The Young Pope

Newcomer
Nov 20, 2019
His Holiness The Pope
8b0x7JA.png

Your Excellency,

I believe that there isn't much further to add, other than the fact that Im also looking forward to be establishing closer ties with your government. As soon as the papers of Agreement have been signed, the Holy See shall abide by its part to perform these necessary steps.

Take Care and God Bless,

Pope Peter II
@Alex

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019

PRIVATE AND ENCRYPTED

great-seal-of-china.png

great-seal-of-china.png

Dearest Your Holiness,

I am happy to hear that the Holy See is content with what we have discussed.

My government and I have discussed among ourselves and have agreed to what you and I have agreed upon. Therefore, we have written upon an Agreement paper in which both of us will sign to bring this into Chinese and Vatican law.

You will find the agreement, named Vatican-Chinese Agreement of 1995, attached to this e-mail. Please read through it, sign it, and send me the attachment with your signature so that we may give our speeches and bring this into law.

Kindest Regards,
Hu Jintao

Vatican-Chinese Agreement of 1995

Hu Jintao, Paramount Leader of the People’s Republic of China

mPvkUYlU35IPhvf64yIDajXU5FYlRslSxoHOVziF8RVEdNkQcpDQnhBXKGv92T0DkY8BB0jXTGSX87xEcG6O1F5FaRbWkvej6VQJVqNhapcekm2AA1q68AKTXmUR0MtcFxXUro1S

Pope Peter II, Bishop of Rome, Vicar of Jesus Christ, Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Primate of Italy, Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Roman Province, Sovereign of the Vatican City State, Servant of the servants of God
[signature here]

@The Young Pope

Reactions: Cam

The Young Pope

Newcomer
Nov 20, 2019

PRIVATE AND ENCRYPTED

great-seal-of-china.png

great-seal-of-china.png

Dearest Your Holiness,

I am happy to hear that the Holy See is content with what we have discussed.

My government and I have discussed among ourselves and have agreed to what you and I have agreed upon. Therefore, we have written upon an Agreement paper in which both of us will sign to bring this into Chinese and Vatican law.

You will find the agreement, named Vatican-Chinese Agreement of 1995, attached to this e-mail. Please read through it, sign it, and send me the attachment with your signature so that we may give our speeches and bring this into law.

Kindest Regards,
Hu Jintao
Vatican-Chinese Agreement of 1995

Hu Jintao, Paramount Leader of the People’s Republic of China

mPvkUYlU35IPhvf64yIDajXU5FYlRslSxoHOVziF8RVEdNkQcpDQnhBXKGv92T0DkY8BB0jXTGSX87xEcG6O1F5FaRbWkvej6VQJVqNhapcekm2AA1q68AKTXmUR0MtcFxXUro1S

Pope Peter II, Bishop of Rome, Vicar of Jesus Christ, Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Primate of Italy, Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Roman Province, Sovereign of the Vatican City State, Servant of the servants of God
[Pope Peter II]

@Alex

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019

PRIVATE AND ENCRYPTED

great-seal-of-china.png

great-seal-of-china.png

Dearest Your Holiness,

I am glad that we have come to an agreement, the Vatican-Chinese Agreement of 1995 now only requires one more thing to become official: our speeches.

As promised, we are both to hold a public speech regarding the Agreement and the furthering of Vatican-Chinese relations. With that being said, I believe it would be a powerful statement if we both delivered our speeches at the same time? With that we would be able to make the Agreement legal the second after our speeches and all of the world would know that we are both on the same page and in support of this Agreement.

Would this work with you?

Kindest Regards,
Hu Jintao

@The Young Pope

Reactions: Cam

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member