STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Thailand to Iraq | Bilateral Relationship

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021

ThaiGov.png

To: <Mohammed Naser, Prime Minister of Iraq> Nathan
From: <Thaksin Shinawatra, Prime Minister of the Republic of Thailand>
Subject: Establishing Ties
Security Type: High Secure Encrypted Method - Protect by NIA Counter-Intelligence Service - The decryption method is sent separately via fax

Prime Minister,

I hope the recent electoral victory of your party has brought tremendous prosperity to your nation. Please know that your nation will always have the support from Thailand under the democratic circumstance and safe political environment of your nation.

I am reaching out to you with the hope that Thailand and Iraq could establish a formal tie between our two countries. At the moment, Thailand does not have the diplomatic mission within Iraq, nor Iraq has its diplomatic mission in Thailand. We want to increase the status of recognition on the international stage of Iraq by assigning non-accredited embassy of Thailand directly in Baghdad. Concurrently, we would like to offer the Iraq government to have its embassy within Bangkok.

The head of mission of the Thai Embassy in Baghdad would be led by Mr. Tanat Sangsuwan, supplemented by 10 diplomatic staffs, 20 employees, 6 securities, and two NIA employees for the secure communication between our governments.

Please let me know your thought on this matter. I am optimistic that Thailand and Iraq could be a cordial, respectful partner.
Yours in Diplomacy,

Thaksin Shinawatra
Prime Minister
Republic of Thailand

Last edited:

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
Encrypted/Confidential

To: Thaksin Shinawatra, Prime Minister of the Republic of Thailand Bossza007
Subject: Reply/Establishing Ties

"Dear Prime Minister,

Our government has been watching the Thailand people's rise from a regional to world power with great interest. It would be our honour to establish formal relations through the establishment of embassies and embassy staff. We can permit the establishment of our embassies as soon as confirmation is recieved.

We would also like to discuss military cooperation, namely in the purchasing of Thai naval vessels for use with the Iraq navy. We would like to discuss the following vessels;

• Pattani Class x 2​

• Krabi Class x 3

We look forward to hearing from you soon, and wish to invite a government representative to visit us in Iraq to discuss our relations further

Kind Regards,
Prime Minister Mohammed Naser"

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021

ThaiGov.png

Security Type: High Secure Encrypted Method - Protect by NIA Counter-Intelligence Service - The decryption method is sent separately via fax

Prime Minister,

I express my sincere gratitude for your prompt and succinct reply.

The Republic of Thailand views with optimism the prospect of hosting the Iraqi Embassy in Bangkok. In reciprocity, we are keen to establish our diplomatic mission in Baghdad. Concerning military cooperation, Thailand is fully prepared to assist in the modernization of the Iraqi Armed Forces, including its Naval forces.

However, recent developments within your country, particularly the events in Tikrit, have captured our attention. Thailand is deeply committed to promoting peace, stability, democracy, and human rights in Asia. We have been closely monitoring these developments. Before presenting any procurement proposals from your country to our parliament, we need to have a more comprehensive understanding of the current situation in Iraq, especially regarding the actions undertaken by Saddam Hussein.

Furthermore, to ensure the longevity of the democratic institutions in the Iraqi nation, Thailand is willing to the People's Sabre of the Republic Thai Army Special Warfare Command, our counter-terrorism unit. Our Armed Forces possess an extensive reach, covering the entire Asian continent and beyond. If your government is seeking a cooperative military relationship with Thailand, having our assistance in this matter would be a great starting point.

Please let me know your opinion.

Yours in Diplomacy,

Thaksin Shinawatra
Prime Minister
Republic of Thailand

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
Encrypted/Confidential

To: Thaksin Shinawatra, Prime Minister of the Republic of Thailand Bossza007
Subject: Reply/Establishing Ties

"Dear Prime Minister,

We will endeavour to establish the embassy as soon as possible.

We currently face a challenge from a sectarian based uprising led by the ex-President Saddam Hussein and a number of sunni loyalists. We have this contained, and will continue to push back any assaults against our democracy. Your support of our navy would facilitate us to protect ourselves from threats to our offshore oil drilling facilities and narrow EEZ.

We appreciate your offer of counter terrorism support, but do not feel it would be suitable for us to deploy international forces at present. Would your forces be willing to work in a mentoring and support role?

Kind Regards,
Prime Minister Mohammed Naser"

Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021

ThaiGov.png

Prime Minister,

I thank you for your candid and swift correspondence.

I have taken the information you provided, in addition to our intelligence, to the Assembly of Thailand and I am more than delighted to inform you of the package we are offering.

The procurement plan of the Iraqi Navy has shown interest in 2 × Paatni-class OPV and 3 × Krabi-class OPV would account for $680 million in total. In addition to this, the Thai Parliament has decided that we are willing to build one Naresuan-class frigate for the Iraqi Navy if the Iraqi Government grants us access to the naval facilities of the Iraqi Navy. If agree, you will be paying $100 million less than the package we offer.

Furthermore, the Republic Thai Armed Force Special Warfare and Operation Command is willing to dispatch its assets to serve as the supporting and mentoring roles for the Iraqi Military. The Republic Thai Navy will be providing all training for the Iraqi sailors for their operational duty on board the Thai-originated ships.

The democratic institution and longevity of the Iraqi nation are essential to Thailand's outlook and vision for a world that is free, open, prosperous, and secure. Our nation and government are always ready to assist Iraq to ensure that human rights and just order remain the foundation of world peace.

Please let me know your opinion.

Yours in Diplomacy,

Thaksin Shinawatra
Prime Minister
Republic of Thailand

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II