STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

The Life of Thaksin and the Shinawatra

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
A Day in Thaksin Life

Waking Up
05:30 AM
Shinawatra Mansion, Bangkok

The gentle yet persistent beep of the alarm resonated through the grand master bedroom, its tone suggesting a world on the brink of revelation. Stirring beneath the soft blue light that bathed the expansive bed, Thaksin began to rouse, keenly aware of his wife's presence beside him.

“Aor, it’s morning,” he murmured, his voice barely more than a whisper.
She shifted, her voice soft yet certain. “I know, I already woke up.”
“Let’s get meditating.” He said to his wife as he placed his finger on the bedside drawer. The radiance of his fingerprint would sheen, akin to the first line of the sun dawn.

The once persistent alarm yielded to a gentle illumination, casting a serene glow of coldness upon the room. As they both settled into their meditative postures, hands intertwined, a soft voice intoned. “Five minutes mediation session started.”

Time seemed to stretch and condense, and soon the voice returned, “Mediation session finished.”
“Let’s see the view today. "He murmured as he slowly raised his eyes.
Aor would stand up slowly, her mind following Thaksin's thought.

The elegant cream curtains, with a whisper of movement, drew back to unveil the majestic expanse of Bangkok's skyline. The city, bathed in the golden embrace of morning, stood as a testament to both its historic grandeur and modern aspirations.
“Today was another warming day, isn’t it?” Aor remarked as she walked toward the windows. She opened it.
“Yes, it is. It’s sincere as well.” He followed his wife outside to the balcony. The fence was a crystal clear wall, sturdy and transparent.
With Aor placing her finger on the minimal mahogany table with a small tree aside, part of the wall at average human size would open. “Let’s warm up for today.”

06:00 AM

With his wife taking a bath in the bathroom of the master bedroom, Thaksin walked down the grand staircases to the first floor. The mansion was still in its slumber, with a few servants arriving back from the local market.

"Oh, Mister Thaksin, you seem to be an early bird now." A middle-aged maid would greet him as she entered from the entrance.
"Miss Cherry, Thank you for doing the groceries." He bent down a bit before walking to the gym.
A male servant would exit from the gym.
"Good morning, Mister Thaksin! This equipment makes me hotter than the girl lately."
Thaksin would laugh at the energic young servant. "That's another benefit of keeping in good shape."

As Thaksin began working out, the large windowpane around him revealed a serene garden. His house was as if surrounded by an Eden.

As time passed from light exercise in the morning, he would take a shower from one in the in-house gym. He would be in a towel as he walked back to the second floor and entered his room.

"Oak didn't come home last night. Kaow told me that his study was so demanding that she couldn't contact him as well." A concerning voice would come from his wife, Aor.
"Master's degree in EE is surely a demanding one, but I believe it would get more intense when he goes for the doctorate." Thaksin sighed, thinking of the reform plan.
"Minister of Higher Education is also a world-renowned physicist at Chulalongkorn herself, shouldn't the study be lighter now?" With an ingrained worry about her son, she questioned the administration.
"She is coming up with a plan to balance the nature of the scientific field." He answered as he suited up.

As both of them left their room, the aromatic scent of the impending breakfast below was an alluring charm. Before they could realize it, their noses already led them to the table.

06:45 AM

In the dining room, the large mahogany table was placed in the middle with many luxurious chairs. Whether you are the Prime Minister, the first lady, their son, daughter, head chef, or servant, they all sit at the same table.

A middle-aged man with a chef's suit would speak up. "Cherry has brought us off-seasoned ingredients from the market. I am happy to have an authentic Thai meal that was served to the French centuries ago."

Before Thaksin could thank him, a young, elegant high-school girl would interject. "These all look delicious! Mister Pong, you must teach me when I get home today."

"It looks delicious indeed, but Ung Ing, you should thank him first." Her mother would scold her to respect and appreciate everyone as normal.

With a laugh from a chef, he would say. "It's fine, madam Aor. Wapree raised her to be a confident girl." He would smile at the head servant

"She has loved forming connections with people since childhood. It is evidence of her business skill inherited from you, Mister Thaksin." With a playful tease, she smiled amusingly.

With the dining started, Thaksin would observe with his daughter who was studying Public Administration.

"Kaow! Don't place it on my plate, I don't hate spicy food!" She quickly put back a prawn on a young maid of her age.

"Come on, Aime, it will help you feel energized for the day! A real adult will eat spicy food." With a jokingly, mocking face, she picked up the same prawn and offered it to her.

"No! Do you really study psychology? Adult is when a human is fully developed." with her arms crossed, she glared at Kaow.

"It's called manipulative psychology, Hehe." With that distraction, she quickly put the prawn in Aime's mouth.

"I hate you so much." She talked as she cried from spiciness.

Thaksin who has been observing would interject. "How is your psychology study, Kaow, do you need more leaves to study more?

Thaksin's offer would be nervously put down by Kaow. "Please, please, no, Mister Thaksin. Paying my tuition for the international program is already many times compared to my salary. I don't want to feel like to inform you I am digging gold here."

With a laugh from Thaksin, he would reveal her on his current project. "It's okay, everyone has the right to study. I am working on an act to introduce universal free education. There's no need to feel about it that way."

With a soft thank you tinted with immense admiration, a man of 24 in age would walk it. "Hi. Sorry for being late." He paused as he sat down, "Master's thesis defense has been challenging."

Sitting beside Kaow, he began eating in his quiet. Kaow would interact with him as usual. "You don't look quite happy? Has it been that hard?"

A sharp eyesight by Aime would never leave her as she talked to Oak, her brother. Thaksin and Aor's eyes would meet, sharing an understanding.

"Kaow is making sheep's eyes on my big brother again, papa." Ung Ing would remark in a manner of picking up on Kaow.

The whole table laughed as Kaow blushed and Oak was still eating quietly due to his tiredness.

"What were you doing last night, Oak? Did you sleep well? Your mama told me that even Kaow couldn't reach you." Thaksin's voice was one filled with genuine concern.

"I didn't sleep last night, to be honest." Concluding, a jarring sound immediately interjected.

"What?!?! I told you many times before to have a work-life balance. Stop making me so wor..." With a pause of realization due to her nascent explicit expression, her face blushed again. "I mean, stop making your family so worried!"

With the whole room paused for a moment of quiet joyous amusement of Kaow's affection toward Oak, the son himself would whisper to Kaow. "I'm sorry for making you worry again, I appreciate you very much for always being beside me. The thesis defense is just so intense I have no time to focus on anything else. Thank you again, for always trying to understand me."

As they whispered, Ung Ing and Aime would puff their mouths in childish resentment as they saw a moment of closeness between her brother and Kaow.

As they continued their breakfast dining, time would eventually pass. As the meal finished, the servants would resume their role of cleaning the table, with Thaksin and his family helping them as well.

The Shinawatra family would gather in the living room section of the house. It was family time after breakfast and before everyone would depart for their daily life. Oak would be the first one to be there with his father and mother. Kaow had already finished her work since the early morning and she was peeking at the living room section. Ung Ing and Aime who were passing would stop at her, placing both their chins on Kaow's shoulder.

"Why don't a real sister like us get any attention," Aime murmured under her breath.
"I thought that you have learned that adult life is hard. But I am not even an adult yet." Ung Ing murmured in response.
With a shock inside her mind, after a few seconds, she would resume her life. "Eh?! Why do you two need to put your chin on my shoulder?!

Without giving her time to understand, both Ung Ing and Aime would have already gone into the living room section. It was a family time for the Shinawatra Family.

A woman would descend from the staircase. It was a middle-aged lady 36 years old, her face is reminiscent of Thaksin lineage.

"Aunt Pu! Good morning. Why didn't you come down to eat breakfast?" Ung Ing's words resounded, her inquisitiveness never betrayed her.

"I prefer to eat alone this morning. How are you, P'Aor?" Asking her sister-in-law, she sat down on the other side of the sofa.

"I'm doing well as usual. What's everyone's plan for today?" Discussing each other daily's plans was a ritual for them. It was the only time when everyone in the family gathered together.

"I will be in the lab all day again today. Preparing my next defense." Oak replied with a half-suspended chuckle.

"I have a final for the development administration today, so I will be studying one last time before going to the university at noon. My friends will be coming today." As Aime answered, her pupils seemed to glisten as she mentioned her friends.

"All my friends in the class are studying extra classes today, so we can't meet up. I am thinking of traveling around the mall with my other friend groups." As outgoing as ever, Ung Ing never missed a chance to explore.

"Mama is having a business talk with GTIS today. I can't say much, but they will be partnering with our company." With a soft wink, Thaksin would join in.

"They are expanding into the telecommunication too? I hope it doesn't result in a monopoly." With a tinge of concern, his eyes met Aor for reassurance.

"It surely won't as long as the public and government keep scrutinizing. What's your plan for the day?

"As usual, there is no parliament session this week. Everyone is preparing the proposed acts and bills." As usual as his work to his family, he was not confined by the expectation of a world leader archetype.

With the time hit 07:30, the head of security of his mansion appeared. "Excuse me for the interruption. It's the time for departing, mister Prime Minister, Madam First Lady, Miss Aime, and Mister Oak.

Last edited:

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
A Day in Thaksin Life

07:30 AM

Each member's soul of the Shinawatra family, with a symphonic shift, ascended from the puffling sofa. The soft hum of the background city cacophony humdrum like a sign of a new dawn.

A group of four would dance toward the security head, Thaksin, Aor, Ung Ing, and Oak. With each one carrying the spirit of their day, a juncture finally reached them.

Oak would be stopped by Kaow, a girl servant and his open-secret lover who was peeking aside. With a carrying face of her glistering eyes, she soon approached him.

"Oak, call me if you need any help." A voice tinged with motherly concern pierced through his ears.

"Yes, I will. Thank you." With a grateful response tinted with a melancholic tone, he would leave eventually.

At the same angle as the clock's pendulum, three cars slumbered in a triangle shape. One of the prominent was a black armed SUV of the Thai Government, other two were Shinawatra's armed SUV for Ung Ing and Oak.

"Thank you for accompanying me, head Supan." Thaksin expressed his gratitude for his mansion head of security.

"The pleasure is all mine, Mister Prime Minister. The Government will handle it afterward, as usual." Reaffirming to Thaksin, he opened the back door of the SUV. "Safe travel, Mister Prime Minister."

Getting into the car, "Thank you again," he was greeted by his driver, a long-time acquaintance, how are you, John?"

"I'm as fine as ever, my Prime Minister." With a soft smile tinted with a warm voice, he saluted using his hat.

As the car engine began its orchestration of the cruel symphony, the journey began moving again. The scenery landscape of the lush and vibrant garden was saturated by a crystal fountain.

Although his mansion was only 15 minutes from the Government House, the street of Bangkok was still bustling. Yet, the chaos was not lost in the sight of the administration, it was efficiently managed.

As Thaksin traveled through the daily route of his life, he would chat with his driver as usual. "How is your daughter? I haven't seen her for some time now." His eyes wandered to the city horizon.

"She will have to apply for a higher study soon." With a pause that lent a melancholic breeze, he continued. "She will be the first person in our family to study higher education. I am very proud of her." With a drop fell from his eyes, Thaksin smiled and was clean.

"That's wonderful to hear, John. It's great that she has a chance to pursue her passion in her life. I will ensure that it will continue to be like that forever."

07:45 AM

The humming engines would soon fade as the focal star reached the Government House. As verdant as the lush ecosystem, the tranquil ambiance of the administration center of Thailand stood like a benevolent sentinel.

Thaksin would be soon informed by his driver as they arrived at the entrance of his workplace. "We're arrived, my Prime Minister." A few advisors would already be waiting for him.

"Thank you for the ride, John. See you soon." With humble appreciation, a security guard opened the door car.

"Same as you, Thaksin." With Thaksin departing, John would drive away with the car. Two men and a woman approached him, one of them was Chuan Leekpai, the first Prime Minister of the Republic of Thailand, and currently the permanent secretary to the Prime Minister. All of them would greet him.

"Prime Minister, good morning." Chuan would lead him to the second floor where Thaksin's office resided. The architecture was marvelous modern and traditional luxury.

"Prime Minister Chuan, thank you for your service." He immediately reciprocated his admiration for the first leader of the Republic, who laid down many foundations for today.

Another woman advisor would join the conversation. "Sir, the economic forecast has indicated that we deficit budget planning of this year will result in a continuous economic boom we are experiencing."

A soft thud resonated as a door was closed after a flashing of light, absorbing them into the briefing room. A circular table was presented, and many advisors were already shown.

"Good morning, Prime Minister Thaksin." The room responded as Thaksin also greeted them.

"World economy is at its peak sir. Many rich nations become richer but the poor countries become poorer." The briefing session immediately started.

"The Middle East fleet is receiving help from the Ethiopian and British Navy. The new deployment of the Tatvan/Bitlis Division of the Army Middle East Command has also arrived."

"Naval activity in the Mediterranean has increased per the regional tension. The Middle East Fleet is currently only capable of offshore patrol. We have a logical reason to believe that a potentially hostile military posture will be stronger."

"Canadian military has been a sleeping giant. They have been developing a powerful Armed Forces that we couldn't ignore."

"Our domestically produced Helicopter Carrier and its fixed wings will be ready for deployment within two weeks, sir. The Chief of Staff is expecting an order."

"Another squadron of 11 frigates and 10 replenishment ships will be completed within 2 months. The Navy is already proposing its area of mission."

As if a nod to the rising world tension, the military briefing was almost a focal point.

"The Vatican has severed its ties officially with Tuekeys, our host nation of Armed Forces Middle East Command. Every church in Turkey was mysteriously burnt, potentially by the cleric itself. Turkey is also developing ties with Poland, our partner and a nation close to the Vatican. We need to reassess our position."

"Our top five intelligence operatives and secret agents are already in coordination with the Polish National intelligence agency. We expected to launch a joint intelligence operation into Israel soon to ensure that a war with Palestine won't break out."

With many minutes passed, several topics were swapped around. Many social issues and diplomatic relationships were the main topics as well.

08:30 AM

After the governmental morning briefing session had concluded, a man would land his step on a hollow room inhabited by Thaksin.

"Thaksin, how are you?" A man or his late forties greeted with a traditional Wai. His outer grey suit revealed a red shirt inside it.

"I'm fine, my driver's daughter will be the first one in his family to receive higher education. Nothing makes me more happy this morning than that." With a gentle laugh, he inspected the documents handed over by his counterpart.

"We are going to have parliamentary sessions for an entire next week. Hope you are prepared for it." Picking up his glasses, he wore them and began reading as well.

"Five proposed legislation from our party and another five proposed from the Opposition. That's two weeks' worth of parliamentary debate, Suriya." With the number of documents, Thaksin took out his other two eyes as well.

"Our government is very stable. With 420 seats out of 500 in the lower house, we can unilaterally decide which one goes into the Upper House." With a pause, he leaned to another paper. "But I doubt that will make any good since it is a form of parliamentary dictatorship."

"We don't have any reason to reject any from the Opposition. It will be up to each of our party member to vote in favor of their citizen. It is the first time that our party doesn't have an agenda in most sessions." As he concluded, his eyes stopped at a page.

"Yeah, that Defense Modernization Act is in a hot debate between wings. Which one of the five from our party do you favor the most? We still need one piece of legislation to have a united vote to reflect your vision." Suriya gazed at Thaksim's visage. It revealed a man diving seep into its implications.

"Economic Diversification Bill should be passed. We need to ensure that every part of Thailand is economically strong, not just Bangkok. It is a strong foundation for welfare and any military expanse a wing in our party wants." Placing down documents from his party, he gathered papers from the Opposition party provided by the parliament.

"I will ensure that everyone will vote in favor of it. The Opposition voter base is in some rural areas our party couldn't reach. I believe this legislation will receive every vote in favor." Switching to the Opposition documents along with Thaksin, he asked again. "Is there any legislation you have a concern in particular?"

"Nothing. I will let each MP decide."

With an answer from Thaksin, the time would reach 09:00 AM, ending the morning briefing session.

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
09:00 AM

Seated in an opulent office of the traditional Thai style was Thaksin, anticipating for a man to arrive.

Knock, knock, knock. "Mister Prime Minister, the Transport Minister has arrived." A sound reverberated from his mahogany and fur table. With a placing of his finger on the table surface, the door ahead would unlock.

A tall and muscular man would enter the room, greeting him with Wai. "Mister Thaksin, how are you this morning?"

"I am fine, Mister Chadchart. How about you?" Returning a Wai, Thaksin extended his hand, inviting him to take a seat.

"I'm over the moon especially. The MRT system of Greater Bangkok is now at the pinnacle of the world." With a joyous laugh, he sat down.

"How is the planning of the Double-tracked railway initiatives?" Picking up one of the documents from his side, he took up his glasses again.

"We have almost finished leasing and purchasing land ownerships. It took more time than normal as we have to include every aspect and person of each community." Thaksin assistance would bring each of them a cup of tea as they spoke.

With the discussion transited into the details of project implementation, the times would eventually pass. With thirty minutes gone by, the time of Minister of Transport Chadchart would up.

09:30 AM

Knock, Knock, Knock. "Mister Prime Minister, the Finance Minister has arrived." With air pumping out of the room, a tall gentleman with his glasses would manifest.

"Mister Thaksin, how's the day going?" His hand still took care of a briefcase as always.

"Still nothing bad happens. How was your sleep last night?" With a copy of the fiscal year budget in hand, he placed it on the table.

Sitting down, Korn would rest his briefcase on his knees. "There was a car crash near my house last night. He doesn't have any family, so I was taking care of him last night at the hospital."

"Was he the one in this morning's news?" Thaksin would receive a nod from Korn. With his eyes swayed to the windows near him, he murmured. "NIA told me last night he was a citizen of the floating city during the incident named Gulf of Terror. He was kidnapped and his family status is still unknown." With a sigh, he opened the budget book.

"He seemed traumatized. That's a pity for him." With a nod, he would steer the conversation back to the governance. "Still, we have many planned deficit balances to discuss."

"I have been briefed on the economic forecast. Is there anything more on the detail?" His fingers flickered on each line.

"Our economy is already robust compared to other Asian nations. We have a threshold of $21 billion in the negative budget each quarter that will prevent us from hindering our economic growth." With a pause, he summed up the plan. "That's $84 billion economy stimulation budget for this year."
With a nod from Thaksin, he noted on the fiscal report. "It is easy for other nations to presume our economy is running down from the deficit budget. The World Bank keeps track of each nation's budget balance. It could be easily jarring for someone with little knowledge to see Thailand with negative $15 billion in funding already."

With a laugh from Korn, he responded. "Well, I guess it is staggering when one of the world power balances is more than three times the second place in negative terms." With a pause, he added. "But that doesn't change our actual economic infrastructure and the values of it."

Smiling back to Koren, Thaksin's mind was still focusing on the future ahead. "I am currently more interested in the Economic Diversification Bill." Thaksin paused as he brought up a document. "The key to deficit budgeting to further stipulate economy in its booming lies in a strong and diversified economy. We have a great asset in our human capital due to our investment in welfare. With a chuckle, he resumed. "It's not like I have a resentment toward John Maynard Keynes or something, it is just a different scenario where our economic model can shine."

With a nod in return, Korn continued. "I was dreaming the other days about myself being dubbed as the best finance minister due to the Asian financial crisis in an alternate world. I would love to see what I can achieve with Thaksinmics"

10:00 AM

Knock, Knock, Knock. Another set of calculated invitations. Even though a daily occurrence to him, Thaksin, what's being discussed in his chamber is nothing quotidian. A sound reverberated, "The Defense Minister has come, Mister Prime Minister."

With the touch of his finger on his table as usual, but this time it felt different. Perhaps, a harbinger toward the actualization of security that the opening door beckoned to him.

"Mister Thaksin, thank you for meeting with me." A man in his casual black suit of the Thai government revealed a shining Defense Ministry emblem. "How has your morning been?"

Returning a gesture, Thaksin replied. "Thank you too for meeting with me. The morning has been optimistic." With a cold Thai tea on each side of the table, the discussion began as Sutin sat down.

"HTMS Chakri Naruebet has passed our quality assurance and will be active soon. You seem to have a reason for naming it for the sake of our previous monarch dynasty during the Rattankosin Kingdom Era." Sutun remarked as if his mind had been wandering all along.

"Bhumibol wasn't a good nor bad man. He is just a human suffering from the morally grey nature of his family life and heritage." He paused as if acknowledging. "He was a devoted man to his country, even though he was the last manorach of the Kingdom before the republic era, he deserved a collective tribute for his family when they served and governed Thailand."

"I was skeptical at first when I saw that the Helicopter Carrier was named after our last monarch family." He paused, sipping the tea. "But then I realized that it was named by a man with an egalitarian mindset like you, someone who everyone admires."

Thaksin giggled as Sutin flattered him. "I thank you for the compliment. Let's start the actual conversation. How is the production of a new fleet of 11 Naresuan-class frigates and a new fleet of logistic support squadron of 10 replenishment ships?" His hand opened a document.

"They are in the process of QA, including the helicopter fleet of the new carrier." His action reciprocated Thaksin's detail-oriented mind. "Our reach will be broadened soon. There has been a civilian report that a US carrier strike group has departed from its base. I highly doubt it will be any other place than the Middle East."

With a concern in his eyes, he deliberately maintains the flow. "I have been informed that our Middle East Fleet is only capable of patrolling tasks as there was relative peace when we assigned them a base. My priority is the readiness of our Armed Forces, not aggression. Has your Ministry addressed it?" His hand extended like a dealer seeking rare goods.

With a sigh from Sutin, his hand covered his face. "I have been in several talks with the Chief of Staff last night. We are really on a delicate balance. The military is seriously pushing for the uplift of the FDRP (Framework of Defense Readiness Postures) from IVG (Increased Vigilance) to TDE (Threat Detected)." With his head gazing upward, he further added. "We are considering increasing the intensify of our readiness from defensive to potential threats. As you know, anything past IVG will not degrade easily."

A dread appeared on Thaksin's visage. "I can't believe it. The Fourth Indochina War has just marked its second anniversary. So this is why this wasn't in a brief session. We can't risk our civilian and military wings at odds against each other." With his hand also covering his skyward head, the dread of war was something of haunting prospect to the utopian kind of society they had painfully built.

"I understand what's on your shoulder, Thaksin. The actions taken now will have irreversible consequences. I have a logical reason to believe that when IVG is in effect, the HRD (Heightened Readiness) will soon follow." With a pause, Surin had to continue. "I know that the Defense Modernization Bill is controversial, but you need to seriously consider it in a time like this."

With a few breathers, Thaksin finally answered. "Raise the FDRP to IVG. The meeting concluded here. I need to meet my assistance."

As Thaksin stood, he then followed, but his eyes locked on him. "What are planning?"

As Thaksin rushed to the door that connected his office to his assistant's office, he responded as he opened the door. "I am calling an emergency parliament session tomorrow. Debrief me everything in the Evening." Thud.

With a close of that door, it was as if the air grew its weight.

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Noon

The Government House of Thailand was immersed in the scents of midday delicacies. Several car convoys, each thickening the atmosphere, approached this citadel of authority.

Its boundaries were discreetly guarded by NIA personnel and snipers, creating an intangible barrier, perhaps?

This majestic structure stood as the zenith of the nation's collective spirit and its empowerment. Yet, today's noon cast a unique light upon it.

The banquet room, graced by Thaksin, was further intensified by the presence of three figures, representing a trinity of delicate balances. Who would have envisioned that leaders of all Armed Forces branches were in attendance?

The dining chamber, resplendent in its opulence, concealed the muted grey undertones it truly bore. Even in this society of equality, the demeanor of those serving hinted at the gravity of the impending discourse.

A clanking placement of a spoon on an emptied dish punctuated the air breathers. Eyes to eyes pierced at it, whether from those personnel of Armed Forces Headquarters, Defense Ministry, or Government.

"Prime Minister Thaksin," a raucous tone exposed a man in his black suit. Each simmering star and adornment encapsulated a glimmer of hope that his enemy had.

"I appreciate this unbelievably delicious feast, but I deem the niceties are concluded here." With a single fluctuation of molecules in the air, all ears were ears to ears.

With a piercing glare that sliced the reality fabric before Thaksin, he, soon, resounded back a jarring placement. As if the ancient gods clashed in the sky, the mood of the room seemed separated by an invisible chasm in the middle.

"I agree with you," the authority Thaksin commanded drawing a mirage from his red eyes. "Chief of Defense Forces, Supreme Commander, Songkitti Jaggabatara." With a mere calling, the whole room felt suffocated, unable to swallow anything.

The air was too dense and tense that one mouth could voice. Yet, a person in a governmental suit decided to break the void. It was as if he recognized himself as a connector between the civilian and the military. It was Sutin.

"Please allow me to start the discussion, Prime Minister, Chief of Defense Forces." With the audacity to bear the weight of two figures, each lower rank felt the dread of death if they fidgetted. "The National Security Council has increased the Framework of Defense Readiness Postures to Threat Detected." He paused, and the room absorbed the air with no oxygen. "We are going to reassess our military strategy."

As if the ambiance knew the focal point, the temperature around the Defense Forces Chief got warmer unscientifically. In the blink of an eye, the world seemed tilted. "The military is requesting more resource allocation to expedite new fleet production. I have heard that Thailand has a staggering surplus to casually stimulate its already robust economy. We expect a portion of it to be allocated to fleet expansion. No one can challenge us in land warfare, so I hope I can have a gift for my Navy Commander-in-Chief here. Another new two-helicopter carrier, two new squadrons of frigates with a total of 22 vessels, and a squadron of submarines. And logically, the accompanying replenishment squadron is like the one on quality assurance process."

Thaksin hands immediately clutched, and his blood raced around his body. Each government official was exchanging a nervous and anxious glance, and even the military too. It was a direct challenge to the balance.

Thaksin, himself, inhaled deeply as if he were trained to handle and anticipate this moment his entire life. With a breather of exhale, what he said was staggering. "I accept every request of you." With that one word, the entire room went into chaos. The Government was fervidly chattering while the military officer applauded.

With that utterance, Thailand, no, it was the spirit of this society, that had changed.

01:30 PM

Today fervid sunlight cast the aromatic scent of a banquet far away. Many souls gathering today was akin to the day thousands of monks appeared to listen to the Buddha.

Civilians, business partners, military officers, and even the Prime Minister and the First Lady were rumored to be here today. What were anticipating was extraordinary.

The chattering sound of the mass played like a cruel backdrop of a dissonance orchestra symphony. Each note minded its tone and no note minded the song.

The gigantic structure, akin to a floating city on the ocean, slumbering before their eyes. Its sleek, metallic architecture stood as if it was waiting for someone to wake them.

With a trembling, resounding engine melody piercing the clean, cerulean sky, a fleet of helicopters manifested Each of them, with 101 on their side, formed a squadron of 16 fixed-wing aircraft.

Below the horizon of the divine, an announcement was heralded. "The U-Tapao Naval Air Division, squadron 101, has arrived." Navy sailors and officers congregated on the vast platform of the dockyard as if showing respect of hospitality.

A helicopter landed down on the surface, while the others touched the floating structure. A red carpet rolled before the exit, leading to the grand city. When Thaksin and his wife, Aor, stepped down, the admiral of the first fleet, Karan Preedasirikul, saluted them.

"Prime Minister, all reports are optimistic! Welcome to the Sattahip Naval Base." With Thaksin saluting back, the crowd erupted in applauding, cheering for their leader.

Aor, as she gazed upon the gigantic vessel, would remark. "So, that's HTMS Chakri Naruebet, our first domestically produced helicopter carrier."

"She is beautiful, isn't she?" With a chuckle, Thaksin walked along the carpet, before stopping before the red ribbon, a podium was before him.

"My brother and sister of Thailand," the crowd cheered back. "Today is a very exceptional day." He paused. "The government has been developing each sector of our industry, and I am proud to say that our military industry has not been neglected."

An officer handed him a pair of scissors. "To mark the first day in service of HTMS Chakri Naruebet, I am inviting 675 of you, who registered a week before," He began raising his voice.

"To join me on the first sail of this carrier of its service life to the Republic of Thailand!" Cutting the ribbon, many fireworks launched into the sky. Many citizens would rush to make a line to enter the carrier with Thaksin and his wife.

03:00 PM

Returning to his opulent office in the Thai Government House, his assistant, Minnie, and himself sat at the same table. It was his office hour that spanned 2 hours, which he dedicated to paperwork, reviewing legislation, and responding to communications from other world leaders.

The first thirty minutes were the mundane part of the day since he focused on clearing all the paperwork. With the help of his assistance, it was a lot enjoyable.

When the time for legislation came, his assistant would work with him like a good pair. "Mister Thaksin, the Party is requesting a final review of our five proposed legislation for next week's session, shall we begin?" The young girl in her late twenties picked up her glasses, and so did Thaksin.

"Yes. Let's start with the Sustainable Urbanization Act." As he said, both of them has a copy in their hand.

"Most has been reviewed internally, so I believe we just need to ensure the shared aim." She remarked to him.

"From what I've read, it is still about revolutionizing urban planning in major Thai cities, emphasizing green spaces, efficient transportation, and sustainable infrastructure." As he concluded, he leaned over the Technology and Innovation Promotion Bill.

"The bill in your hand is essentially about the funding of the Pan-Asia Renewable Energy Grid, fostering innovation with Chulalongkorn University on AI and biotechnology." Picking up a copy of the Defense Modernization Act, she sighed.

"At first this act was about enhancing cyber warfare and advancing defense technology, but now this is the one that likely needs to change." Handing her copy to Thaksin, many marks were made on it.

"Are we adding Special Forces overhaul and Naval fleet expansion too?" With his pen adding more marks on it, his ears waited for his assistance.

"Yes, we are. You were the one accepting their demand." With finished the topic, the next legislation on her hand is the Cultural Diplomacy Initiatives

"Expanding our soft power is a neat act. I really would love to see the Songkran festival in other countries. I have no problem with it at all." His mind quickly raced to the Economic Diversification Bill.

His assistant would pick up on Thaksin's mind and remark. "You are directly involved in drafting this bill. I cheer you that. Let's see what we have." With a pause, she sipped her iced Thai tea. "Devolving tax power and fiscal transfer for more affluent to provide to help subsidize poorer ones. With just a fiscal measure, your bill is already transformative for our country which has always been a centralized government."

Thaksin laughed as if he had forgotten the tension a few hours before. "We are introducing a deregulation framework to reduce bureaucratic hurdles for small businesses and startups. We are giving the local governments more control over economic planning and development. Isn't that great?" With a drink in his hand, he looked outside the windows.

"Diversified economy is the pillar of the Thaksinomics as I expected." With a chuckle, she continued. "Our infrastructure is already quite strong, strengthening it will make development easier. Decentralized healthcare service is something I had never thought I would hear during the Rattanakosin Kindom."

With his eyebrow flickered, he replied. "The local government knows best about their problem and how to solve it. The parliament should focus on national matters, not on fixing a broken road." With a half-suspended laugh, he knew he was referring to the past. "We are offering financial incentives for businesses willing to move or expand into less-developed areas. The promotion of local bank establishments has been my plan since the previous term, especially to encourage them to offer low-interest loans to local businesses." As the conversation went on, they were at the last two sections.

With the optimistic environment, they had become relaxed, specifically his assistant, Minnie. "Empowering the local government and involving public participation in local community referendum is so aggressive. Are we going to be a federal country soon?" Teasing her Prime Minister, she laughed.

"Haha, no way for that. Our culture isn't quite compatible with that. We are too united to separate our laws. Anyways, incentives for sustainable farming, renewable energy projects, and other eco-friendly initiatives in less-developed areas are the perfect match for our allowance of local communities to manage and benefit from their natural resources. I believe that is all."

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
05:00 PM

Within the confine of the Thai Government House, each corner turned within its labyrinthine felt like an orchestrated symphony. Ceasing one step in front of a door was Thaksin, the Prime Minister.

With a touch of his finger on the biometric screen, his fingerprint was read. The door swung opened

The room fell into a fleeting silence as he manifested upon the attendee. That soon passed, and everyone returned to normal after their greeting.

Sitting at the round table screens around the room began flickering. It was as if the world would never stop changing.

Within that moment, a voice punctuated the air, heralding its inception. "Thank you for joining, Mister Prime Minister. Let's begin the evening debriefing session." The man said and the water began to flow.

"Is there any emergency?" Thaksin asked. The time for this session usually be allocated for emergency debriefing, yet nothing urgent was often.

"We have nothing emergency in particular. The most concerning events are the rising tension in the West and the recently published Turkish policy." As the man concluded, the map of Turkey, the Ottoman Empire, their current relationship with other nations, and statistical information were shown on the screen.

Inspecting the screen in front of him on the table, he discerned. "What has the Foreign Ministry addressed about this?"

"Their policy is essentially committed to human rights, but the nature of their democratic institution is precarious." A man forwarded an answer.

"We are developing a relationship with both Franch and Turkey," Thaksin remarked. "If anything happens, it is likely they will demand us to pick a side."

A screen changed to visualize the current religious disputes and tensions around the world. "Many catholic nations like Poland and France are in support of the Vatican. I suggest that we shouldn't be involved in the religious stuff."

As the man concluded, a woman would add. "I agree with him, Mister Prime Minister. We are a secular state with egalitarianism. Leaning to any class or favoring a religion will damage our unique social structure."

Thaksin nodded as he listened to his advisors. "I agree with it. Religion is a sensitive matter. We are pretty diverse here too in this room." Pausing, it seemed like he could now move on. "Is there anything else?"

"Nothing, sir. The nation is running stable, waiting for change in the next two weeks' parliamentary sessions" Finishing, he began to collect his stuff.

"Then, that's all for today. Thank you, everyone, for your service and for helping me." Sharing Wai, everyone would depart from the room early today.

05:45

Home, what was it? One might ponder. Each soul belonged to each place and had a distinct meaning to define it. For Thaksin, the home wasn't a grand mansion he inhabited or the Government House where he worked. It was his family, it was where he felt belonged.

Walking down from the opulent staircase and headed to the entrance of the edifice, his driver, John, waited for him as usual. With a security guard saluted him one last time today, he reciprocated back.

Leaning into the vehicle, John greeted him. "How is your work today, my Prime Minister?" With a chuckle to light up the situation, the door was sealed.

Adjusting his necktie, he answered. "A whirlwind." He paused before asking. "How about you?"

With a laugh from John, he quickly responded. "Doing hobby fas usual, you know, watching documentaries. I have no other job than driving you home."

Laughing, Thaksin leaned back as the car moved. "That's nice to hear you have the time to do what you love. I am not quite sure if my one hour and a half free time tonight will be reduced." He sighed.

Peeking at the rearview mirror, John furrowed his eyebrow. "Is today that stressful? I thought you maintain a work-life balance."

Gazing at the view of the green space around the street, his eyes met each person. "I have a balanced life. But some noon, everything isn't going to be the same." His gaze lowered down for a second.

Observing Thaksin with the rearview mirror, he returns his eyes to the street. "Anything bad is going to happen?" With a weary face, he swung the wheel.

Pondering enough, Thaksin finally answered. "Thailand can never escape from being subjected to the world tension, that's all I can say for now."

A drop fell from the sky as they conversed. Not long after, the melancholic rain soaked the after-work city. Turning on the widescreen wiper, John remarked. "A perfect time for the rain, isn't it? Seem like you need some time alone, we're arriving soon.

06:00 PM

Arriving in front of his mansion entrance, the balcony of the second floor served as a shield from the rain. Thanking and wishing John well, he departed from the car.

He returned home 45 minutes early today, yet, Cherry was waiting for him and a male servant that morning too. "Good evening, Mister Thaksin." They said.

Greeting them with a Wai, he never missed to appreciate them. "Thank you for welcoming me and making me feel belonged every day. How are you this evening, Cherry, and Max?" They would walk into the home, the grand door still open.

Max would be the first one to answer. "I have a very wonderful day today. I took one of your luxurious cars to pick a girl up for a date. This noon."

As he finished, Cherry would interject. "Max has been very efficient at work lately. He does all his work before ten o'clock."

Laughing, Thaksin teased his servants and friends. "Just don't do anything dirty in my car." As they reached the second floor, Thaksin uttered. "Google, what's the energy generation from the solar panel today?"

Within a second, there was a reply. "The current electricity generation is 675 kWh. The current consumption today is 598 kWh."

Walking into his rooms with Cherry and Max, he asked. "We use a lot of energy today, what's up? It's not like Max does the leg day all the time." Taking out his suit, he opened his closet.

Cherry would be the one answering him. "Aime was showing her friends around the house. Home theater and underground garage would probably be the reason."

With a laugh from Max, he added. "But at least it is still under the electricity generation. They were having fun lifting the car in and out of that platform."

"I see. After new legislation is passed, our nation will have no problem with electricity consumption." Walking into the bath, Cherry and Max walked away, chatting.

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
January 10, 2004
02:00 PM
Government House of Thailand, Bangkok

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra emerged for a press conference just thirty minutes after the Supreme Court delivered its ruling on the ISOC v. Republic Thai Armed Forces case. Stepping out through the main entrance, he made his way to the familiar podium where he often shared official statements. The lush greenery and lively décor surrounding him imbued the scene with a sense of comfort, a tranquil oasis amidst Thailand's approaching summer. Thaksin's hand grazed the microphone on the podium, ensuring it was ready before he turned to address the awaiting press corps.

“Members of the Press, I extend my gratitude to each one of you for being present,” he began with a tone that exuded warmth and composure. “The recent Supreme Court ruling in the case ISOC v. the Republic Thai Armed Forces has been communicated to the Republic Government, and I shall now articulate our official stance and opinion.” He paused momentarily, delicately opening a folder on the podium.

"The Republic Government remains steadfast in its commitment to respecting the autonomy and authority of the Thai Judiciary—a distinct separation of power from the Executive branch," he asserted, another pause emphasizing the gravity of the statement. "We are cognizant of the potential ramifications of the Court's decision to oust the Chief of Defense Force and the Commanders-in-Chief of the Army, Navy, and Air Force from their positions. Our dedication to the promotion of national security and stability remains unwavering, and we confirm our awareness of the newly elected military leadership in the Chief of General Staff."

Taking a breath, he continued, "Given the Executive Branch's lack of influence or rights to intervene in the Court's decision, the Defense Ministry has duly authorized all four new military leaders to assume their positions." Another pause allowed the weight of this decision to settle. "I have personally extended an invitation to the new Chief of General Staff for a dinner at the Phitsanulok Palace this evening. During our discussions, we are aligned in addressing the future of Thai defense policy within the framework of stringent civilian oversight." He concluded, leaving the audience with a sense of both clarity and anticipation.

As Thaksin reentered the Government House, Defense Minister Sutin swiftly joined him on the way to his office. Sutin began, "I can't help but express my satisfaction with the Court ruling. Those Old Guards are finally out. You'll have much to discuss with the new Chief of General Staff, Prime Minister Thaksin," Sutin remarked nonchalantly, basking in the victory of the ISOC. "I suppose I'll head back to the Ministry now. Other Ministers are already leaving, and I shouldn't neglect my duties for too long. See you." With that, Sutin departed, leaving Thaksin to enter his office.

A sigh escaped Thaksin as he opened the door with a biometric scan of his finger. Nevertheless, the door swung open, revealing the familiar atmosphere of his office—a space where he had toiled for the past five years. Next to his desk, a chair awaited his personal assistant. This time was no exception; Minnie remained, immersed in the labyrinth of tedious documents. There was no one in whom Thaksin could repose more trust for this role than her.

Minnie's face lit up upon seeing Prime Minister Thaksin. "Oh, Mister Thaksin, you're back at last! How was the emergency cabinet meeting? Minister Sutin seems to be reveling in himself, doesn't he?" Minnie chuckled, adjusting her glasses. "By the way, I really hope you'll attend my wedding in March. Five years as colleagues with the country's Prime Minister, and you know my event deserves some attention." With a final adjustment of her glasses, she turned back to her work.

Thaksin, acknowledging the invitation, replied warmly, "I'll definitely be there, Minnie. And happy birthday! You're 31 now, perfect timing to settle down," he chuckled, attempting to lighten the mood. Settling into his seat, he sighed, weariness evident in his demeanor. "My mental state has been deteriorating lately. I'll need the Foreign Ministry to engage in more high-level diplomatic efforts. Fixing this country's structural problems was never expected to be easy, but no one said it would be this challenging," he grumbled, opening his laptop.

Concern flashed in Minnie's eyes as she glanced up at Thaksin, a noticeable age difference between them. "You can always use the telemedicine service downstairs. The Public Health Ministry plans to upgrade it to telehealth. If implemented this term, you might benefit from it. But seriously, go take a break in the room next door. We have a bedroom for a reason," she concluded, staring at Thaksin, hinting at the importance of proper rest.

Thaksin sighed, a sound more of relief than stress. "Alright, wake me up at five. Dinner with the new Chief of General Staff is at six. Ensure everything is in order. Thank you in advance." With those words, Thaksin rose from his seat and stepped into the adjacent room, settling onto the inviting and snug bed.

January 10, 2004
05:45 PM
Phitsanulok Mansion, Bangkok

Bathed in the gentle glow of the emerging evening, Thaksin occupied the back seat of the armored Hyundai Tucson, a relic from the previous Chuan administration's dealings with Korea. The driver, John, agile and perceptive, met Thaksin's gaze through the rearview mirror, voicing his concern. "Mister Thaksin, we've reached the Phitsanulok Mansion. You've seemed weary lately. Has work been particularly demanding?" John's inquiry carried a genuine tone, a manifestation of the deep respect he held for Thaksin—a man who championed the passage of the free education law, paving the way for his daughter to be the first in their family to attain higher education.

Thaksin, pausing to adjust his attire, took a deep breath before responding, "It may appear that way. But resignation isn't an option. Thailand requires a stable political landscape where leaders fulfill their terms." He slid closer to the door. "Thank you, John. See you on the journey back." Thaksin nodded graciously, and in response, John waved farewell with his cap, a silent acknowledgment of their enduring connection.

Entering the Phitsanulok Mansion, Thaksin found an air of calmness lingering. Security officers maintained their posts around the perimeter, while those orchestrating the setting appeared to have already departed. In the dining room, he encountered one of the head servants, a middle-aged woman responsible for a mansion he seldom occupied. "How are you, Miss Pranee? Thank you for arranging the dinner on such short notice. I apologize for the abruptness; I had no genuine authority to anticipate the Court's official decision," Thaksin humbly addressed her, reflecting his commitment to justice and equality among all.

Head Servant Pranee chuckled softly in response. "It's alright, Mister Prime Minister. You've already put in enough effort. I might not understand much about politics, but preserving the court seems crucial, judging from your recent address, doesn't it?" She alluded to Thaksin's recent speech while making final adjustments to the dining setup. "Other servants will remain in the mansion until the dinner concludes. We'll handle everything, so you need not worry." With that assurance, she excused herself from the dining room.

After ten minutes passed, four SUVs drove into the Phitsanulok Mansion, parking seamlessly with the soft light of the evening. Four men left their vehicle’s driver seat, Supreme Commander Songkitti Jaggabatara, Field Marshal Yuthasak Sasiprapha, Admiral of the Fleet Kamthorn Phumhiran, Marshal of the Air Force Sukampol Suwannathat. Field Marshall and Marshal of the Air Force were already friends of Thaksin, they served as independent Senators before being elected to their position. They walked inside the mansion with casual attire, reflecting their understanding for the need of at ease atmosphere.

“Prime Minister, we thank you for inviting us to dinner,” Songkitti calmly said to Thaksin as he stepped in front of others. At the same time, Thaksin nodded, chuckling in his reply, “There’s no need for humility, Chiefs. Let’s enjoy ourselves then we can discuss things later”.

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
January 10, 2004
06:15 PM
Phitsanulok Mansion, Bangkok

As the sunlight, like a fading tapestry, retreated from Bangkok, the city's simmering horizon gradually yielded to the embrace of the night. In a particular mansion, a man wielding unparalleled influence within Thailand engaged in lively discourse, on somewhat lighter terms, with four of the most influential figures from one of the world's foremost military powers.

Amidst the chiming sounds of dining, Thaksin's voice resonated. "Chief Songkitti, I've insisted before, the crispy pork here surpasses any you'll find in Bangkok. It's why the Swedish Prime Minister chooses to stay here during his visits to Thailand. Hopefully, the Polish Queen will also get to enjoy some rest here," Thaksin remarked to the Chief of Defense Forces, his demeanor relaxed and content.

Chief Songkitti, more invested in savoring the dish than civilian banter, responded with enthusiasm. "I can't believe it, Mister Thaksin. This meal is a true blessing. It's like all the karmas I've donated for the fallen soldiers’ finally paying off!" His exclamation, oblivious to the fact that the entire nation was watching, echoed through the room. Television crews at the perimeters captured the unfolding meeting for the nation to witness.

Having concluded his drink, Field Marshal Yuthasak seamlessly joined the ongoing discourse, his gaze curious. "I spoke with a servant, and, well, I'm uncertain about their gender, but there's word of a French Chef here too?" Yuthasak inquired, raising his voice slightly. "Interestingly, there has been an influx of French tourists. The metropolitan police mentioned their experiences adapting to our society." He chuckled lightly before returning his focus to his meal.

Admiral of the Fleet Kamthorn arched his eyebrows thoughtfully. "Talking about foreigners, the Turkish presence seems to be diminishing by the day. Are they leaning towards isolation again? It might be worthwhile to reassess our country's relationship with them. Perhaps a long-term partner like Mexico would have been a better choice," he suggested, glancing out of the windows as daylight faded. "The media is still lingering? I'm not sure what they expect. My authority is limited to following the Defense Ministry's guidance. Perhaps the previous Chief of General Staff gave a false impression about the nature of this role," he mused, returning to his dining experience.

Marshal of the Air Force Sukampol interrupted his jovial meal to respond to his counterpart. "In general, the previous leadership wasn't quite adaptable to the changes Mister Thaksin proposes for our country. But, seriously, do we have to do a press statement after finishing this meal? I've met enough people today during the military election; I'm exhausted," he sighed, reaching for a cup of water.

Thaksin interjected into the conversation as his plate nearly empty. "I didn't arrange any press conference, as you can see in the invitation letter. I only informed the press that I've invited the Chief of General Staff to dinner. I don't think they have any privilege to infringe on our right to privacy, do they?" Thaksin addressed Sukampol's concern. "But still, I've promised the media that we'll be discussing the future of defense policy. While I didn't prepare for this, we don't have a defense minister to actually discuss any changes. I assume everyone here has been informed of all new policies implemented by the Ministry? Would everyone mind sharing the details to ensure our information matches?"

Chief Songkitti nodded in agreement with others before expressing his thoughts. "Sure, we can do that," he paused briefly to gather his ideas. "So basically, apart from having the military under stringent civilian oversight, some might even say the tyranny of the civilian defense ministry, the Armed Forces won't be expanding its active service personnel. Currently, our intelligence unit, consulting with the NIA, indicates that Thailand boasts the world's largest military force, including reservists. To be precise, it's 2,727,572 certified for wartime service, if I remember correctly. Roughly two million are reservists, while we still maintain almost 730,000 active service members in our Armed Forces. Lastly, numerous reforms will be implemented across all military branches," he concluded, providing an overview of the Thai military and signaling for others to contribute.

Field Marshal Yuthasak continued the discussion. "Yes, the Army's service pool is indeed excessive. Each division comprises at least 21,000 personnel with a minimum of 1,200 pieces of equipment, excluding personal gear. However, we need to create four new divisions to ensure that all our service members have the command structure they operate under. We have an additional 5,000 armored mobility vehicles in reserves, and we should utilize them to form the new rudimentary divisions, totaling about 84,000 personnel. Nevertheless, this requires consultation with the defense ministry and authorization from the local councils where the new divisions will be stationed. Your participatory democratic idea sometimes clashes with my nationalism tendencies, Mister Thaksin, but I must admit it holds benefits for our country's development. “Your globalism ideals really challenge my nationalist perspective, albeit in a jesting manner," he chuckled, appearing to be playful in his tone.

Admiral of the Fleet Kamthorn continued leading the discussion, setting aside his smartphone to emphasize his attentiveness. "The Navy is in quite a mess, Mister Thaksin, I must admit. The previous Chief did more harm than good to the esteemed reputation of our Navy. I'm particularly pleased, as his recognized rival, to have been elected to succeed him in this position," Kamthorn stated, casting a discerning eye at his fellow military counterparts. "Our Navy's tradition has always revolved around the equitable distribution of influence among all military branches within the Thai Armed Forces. As you might recall, Prime Minister, during the Manhattan Rebellion. Although it failed to overthrow the military regime that disproportionately favored the Army, the Royal Thai or Republic Navy has consistently aligned with the vision of a just world. This is why our motto is 'Join the Navy to See the World.' We aspire to provide everyone with an equal opportunity to serve this nation and be exposed to the vast world," he paused, taking a moment to collect his thoughts.

The room, including Thaksin, initially surprised by the gravity of his tone, now listened intently to his words. "I've had private consultations with Defense Minister Sutin about the future of our Navy, which, as the esteemed Chiefs in this room may recall, is why I've taken so long. My apologies again. However, allow me to emphasize the humiliation inflicted upon this branch by the previous Chief of Navy," he stated, pausing to collect himself. "We endured humiliation from the British Navy when our fleet struck in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Our Coast Guard executed an overly assertive operation to patrol the waters of Southeast Asia, leading to unnecessary military standoffs with the American Navy. I'm uncertain of the previous Chief's reasoning or influences, but I'm grateful that Mister Prime Minister and the ISOC intervened in time to prevent another potential Cold War," he concluded, signaling the end of his statement.

Marshal of the Air Force Sukampol continued with caution and respect. "I understand your frustration, Chief Kamthorn. I'm pleased that the progressive wing of the Navy is now in charge," he said, chuckling lightly in an attempt to lighten the mood. "Much like Field Marshal Yuthasak, I'm also an independent senator, earning our positions through our respected roles as general or air marshal. While I may not be as nationalist as he is—given my reformist stance within the national assembly—I do agree that the Air Force requires additional supporting aircraft to fulfill its primary mission." Sukampol paused briefly, smiling around at those present. "Anticipating the Court's ruling, I've been in discussions with various Air Force officers nationwide. We could benefit from more non-combat roles within the Air Force. That's my perspective, and the technical details are with the defense ministry," he concluded.

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Amidst the sweltering Thai summer, the halls of the Prime Minister's office exuded a tranquil yet commanding aura, an emblem of unwavering authority. Thaksin found himself engulfed in the ceaseless tide of responsibilities, each day burdening his desk with an avalanche of paperwork. A month prior, yielding to the counsel of his diligent assistant, Minnie, he had embraced the convenience of telemedicine within the Government House. The decision had brought a newfound lightness to his demeanor, evident in the subtle lift of his spirits and the punctuality of his homeward retreats. Yet, tethered by his unwavering dedication to Thailand, Thaksin's obligations persisted, a duty he bore with unwavering resolve, mindful of the constitutional mandate limiting him to a singular encore in the role of Prime Minister.

Thaksin's office door creaked open, admitting the imposing figure of Thanathorn, the Minister of Industry, resplendent in his formal attire. A smile played across Thaksin's lips as he welcomed his esteemed cabinet member, while Minnie, perched nearby, rose with a graceful gesture, inviting Thanathorn to take a seat. "Mr. Aek, punctuality seems to be your forte," she quipped, a playful glint in her eye.

"Ah, the anticipation of the Prime Minister's verdict is always a thrill," Thanathorn chuckled, settling into his chair. "Our meetings never fail to invigorate, Mr. Thaksin." He turned his attention to the Prime Minister. "I must confess, my foray into negotiations with the private sector left much to be desired. Perhaps I should have prioritized attending Minnie's wedding," he mused, accepting a glass of water offered by the ever-attentive Minnie.

Thaksin's eyebrows shot up at Thanathorn's remark. "The CP Group isn't budging, yet again. Surprising, isn't it?" His tone carried a tinge of disappointment. "Despite their crucial role in our economy, they seem blind to the exploitation in international waters. What was their excuse this time?" he queried, his expression reflecting disbelief.

"They refused to let me speak directly with the senior chairman, so I had to navigate through their executives," Thanathorn explained with a resigned air. "As expected, they trotted out the old line about our lack of jurisdiction over international waters." Pausing, he let out a heavy sigh. "And, predictably, they dangled the threat of withdrawing all capital invested to the Netherlands. We can't afford to let our economy take that hit by engaging in legislative battles," he concluded, awaiting Thaksin's reaction.

Thaksin's lips curved into a smirk as Thanathorn concluded. "Well, well, well. So, let me guess, you're proposing a premier decree to classify all human rights abuses by Thai businesses abroad as illegal?" He twirled his pen between his fingers, a thoughtful glint in his eyes, while Thanathorn chuckled softly. "It's a compelling idea, especially given the public's likely resonance with it," Thaksin remarked.

"You're spot on, as always, Mr. Thaksin," Thanathorn concurred, retrieving papers from his tailored suit. "As I've emphasized, your authority must be tempered with public accountability." He spoke with unwavering optimism. "My Ministry has diligently prepared the necessary documents for your consideration. We cannot turn a blind eye to the mistreatment of our fellow human beings."

Thaksin's laughter danced through the air, a melodic response to Thanathorn's eager words. "Well, aren't you in for a ride? The rumor mill's churning, and your name's sitting pretty at the top of the list for the next prime ministerial candidate once my second term bids adieu." With a knowing grin, he accepted the paper from Thanathorn's outstretched hand, his gaze filled with a mixture of pride and anticipation.

"Ah, Minister Pita's ambitions aren't exactly a hushed secret. He's already nudged me about backing him for another term as the Minister of Energy. If we're counting down the line of successors, he's certainly a contender," Thanathorn replied, his tone lightening as the conversation veered toward familiar territory. "You know, Mr. Thaksin, your vision for Thailand has truly blossomed into reality. It feels like just yesterday when this party was but a seed. Yet here we stand, nearly six years later." His hand rose in a spontaneous gesture of excitement, punctuating his words with an exclamation of genuine admiration.

As the leaders engaged in conversation, Minnie interjected, balancing a stack of documents in her arms. "Minister Pita's certainly stirring up a storm, isn't he?" Her voice was laced with excitement. "Imagine, the youngest MP and Minister ever, now linked with a young, dazzling celebrity! It's like something out of a dream, isn't it?" Her laughter bubbled with joy. "Anyway, Secretary Chuan is eager for an update on our energy deal in Tak. I'll be back in a jiffy, gentlemen!" With a cheerful hum, she exited the room.

Thaksin chuckled at his assistant's evident delight. "She's positively radiant these days, especially since her recent marriage. Minister Rukchanok mentioned that our divorce rates are on a steady decline. It's heartening to see our policy and relationship awareness initiatives bearing fruit." He paused, briefly scanning through the document his Minister had submitted. "This proposal has promise, but there's still a loophole in section five that could be exploited due to its vague wording." With a precise stroke of his pen, he marked the problematic section. "Ensure these issues are addressed, and then I can give it my full support." He handed the document back to Thanathorn with a nod of assurance.

Thanathorn's smile widened as he received Thaksin's feedback on his initial draft. "Ah, Mister Thaksin, your discerning eye for the people's concerns never fails to impress. I'll address these points within my Ministry promptly. Upholding the dignity of humanity is paramount for our society's progress." With a deft movement, he tucked the document back into his impeccably tailored suit before rising from his seat. "Thank you for your invaluable insights, Prime Minister. I must now proceed to another meeting." With a nod from Thaksin, their discussion drew to a close.

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Minnie glided down the polished corridor of the Thai Government offices, her steps accompanied by a soft hum of contentment. The lighting, though warmly bright, shielded the interior from the harsh rays of the sun, casting a serene ambiance throughout the hallway. As she approached a majestic mahogany door adorned with a brass nameplate that bore the inscription "Government Secretary Chuan Leekpai," memories of Thailand's first Prime Minister flooded her mind. With a deft touch, Minnie activated the biometric scanner, a soft green light illuminating her features as the door yielded to her command.

"Good afternoon, Secretary Chuan! How's your day been so far? It feels like we haven't crossed paths yet today," Minnie greeted warmly, her smile lighting up the room as she settled the document onto Chuan's desk before taking a seat opposite him. "The energy deal in Tak is inching forward. There's a myriad of topics to delve into, especially regarding those floating solar cells atop the Bhumibol Dam. It's mind-boggling to think that such a modest installation on that expansive water surface could sustain over a million households," she remarked, a hint of amazement lacing her words.

Chuan couldn't help but release a dry chuckle, his well-worn sense of humor seeming out of sync with Minnie's blend of playfulness and professionalism. "Seems you're still riding high on the waves of matrimony. But remember, don't let emotions cloud your judgment in your administrative duties. You're the right hand to one of the world's most influential figures," he gently admonished, aligning his laptop with the document before him.

Minnie playfully poked her cheek with a finger, a glint of amusement in her eyes as she countered Chuan's remark. "And you, forever nostalgic for the early days of the Republic, it seems. Nonetheless, I appreciate your wisdom and guidance. Your presence at the wedding was an honor, and collaborating with the Prime Minister has been incredibly rewarding," she replied, her smile radiant. "Is there anything on your mind? You're the government's public face, both domestically and internationally, after all," she added, meeting Chuan's gaze directly.

"I'm well-informed about the government's actions. All I need is to peruse the contract and agreement for the national renewable energy grid with my own eyes. It's baffling that Western manufacturers haven't even attempted to incorporate a blue light shield mode into their laptops," Chuan remarked, sliding a stack of papers into view. "I don't conceal my disagreement with pursuing a closer relationship with Russia. We know the ghosts of the past still haunt them. But I lack the authority to dictate otherwise. The Secretary Government position is reserved for the preceding Prime Minister." Adjusting his glasses, he delved into the documents before him.

Minnie's expression tightened at Chuan's words. "Well, at least your Democrat Party has made a comeback in the provincial election. You remain the founding figure of this Republic, Secretary Chuan. I urge you to embrace social liberalism instead of hiding behind the façade of conservative progressivism your party claims, when in reality, they lean more towards radical centrism," she lamented, preparing to take her leave.

"Whether we like it or not, today's constitution is a product of the compromise between Thai Rak Thai and the Democrats," Chuan stated with a gravity that belied any inclination to yield, a trait common among Thai politicians, staunch in their visions for the nation's future.

Minnie rose from her seat, offering a respectful bow before departing. "Thank you for the exchange of ideas, Secretary Chuan. Until next time," she conveyed before exiting the room, the door softly closing behind her. Pausing in the corridor, she took a moment to collect herself, the weight of the discussion lingering in the air. Meanwhile, Industry Minister Thanathorn concluded his meeting with Prime Minister Thaksin and crossed paths with Minnie.

"Seems like Secretary Chuan isn't in the mood for pleasantries," remarked Thanathorn, slowing his pace but maintaining his course. "Well, I must be off now. The Prime Minister awaits. Catch you later." With a nod, he proceeded past Minnie.

Undeterred, Minnie pressed on, her steps purposefully as she traversed the corridors of Government House, eventually arriving at the threshold of the Prime Minister's office. A heavy sigh escaped her lips as she stepped inside. "That old curmudgeon Chuan never gives me the time of day, Mr. Thaksin," she lamented, settling into her chair by the window. Outside, she observed the press gathering, their cameras trained on the Industry Minister for the latest scoop.

"Did he disrespect you? Not everyone shares the same ideas, Minnie. Divergence is crucial for societal progress," Thaksin's gaze held genuine concern. "But if you feel he's impacting your mental well-being, we now have a human resources office. I recently spoke with the new hire; she's not only a psychiatrist but also active in psychological academia. Remember, you were the one advocating for our work-life balance policy just a few months ago." Thaksin returned his attention to his laptop, his voice gentle yet firm.

Minnie powered up her laptop, ready to delve into the stack of documents beside her. With a series of clicks, her email tab sprang open. "Mr. Thaksin, the Russian Foreign Ministry has confirmed their participation in our trade initiative," she reported, her tone businesslike. "The delegation is headed by... um... Abramchenko? Deputy Prime Minister of Russia, overseeing finance, economy, and national projects." She scanned another paragraph. "Director-General Panthipha has already returned from her European trip; she'll lead negotiations with the Russian team." She concluded; her eyes still fixed on the screen.

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
April 16, 2004
11:00 AM
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bangkok

Thaksin arrived at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, his journey punctuated by the reassuring presence of his driver and personal bodyguard, John, navigating the bustling streets with practiced ease. The recent conclusion of Thailand's Songkran Festival seemed but a distant memory as the weight of geopolitics once again took center stage.

"Thanks for the ride, John. See you on the return trip," Thaksin acknowledged with a nod of gratitude, stepping out of the armored vehicle into the welcoming embrace of the Foreign Ministry's grand entrance. The verdant surroundings offered a refreshing contrast to the urban hustle outside.

A member of the ministry staff greeted Thaksin, ushering him inside with a respectful demeanor. "Prime Minister, the meeting is about to commence. Please proceed to take your seat," he announced, his tone tinged with deference.

"Of course, I'm on my way. Thank you for the hospitality," Thaksin replied courteously, following his guide into the building's inner sanctum where the meeting awaited. The public servant nodded in acknowledgment as they entered.

Thaksin's finger alighted upon the biometric scanner, the mechanism yielding to his touch after a brief moment of recognition. With a solemn creak, the door swung open, ushering him into the presence of approximately ten senior diplomats, including the Minister of Foreign Affairs, their collective gravity palpable in the air.

"Good morning, everyone," Thaksin greeted the gathered diplomats, his voice carrying a tone of determination. "Let's get started, shall we? We'll begin with an overview, ensuring we can enjoy lunch without any lingering concerns," he suggested, settling into his seat as others followed suit.

Foreign Minister Surakiart occupied a prominent position at one of the table desks, Thaksin positioned to his right. A nod of acknowledgment passed between them before Surakiart initiated the proceedings. "Prime Minister, thank you for gracing us with your presence today," he began, his tone weighted with seriousness.

"Today, our most seasoned diplomats, along with the minister and deputy, are assembled to address our withdrawal from the Global Assembly," Surakiart announced, a ripple of unease permeating the room.

"As you're all aware, we've formally informed the GA's Secretariat of our intention to end our membership," he continued, his gaze scanning the attentive faces. "However, we now stand at a crossroads, faced with uncertainty regarding our next course of action."

"The GA's reputation for inaction and its passive stance within the international community are well-documented," Surakiart remarked with a sigh, adjusting his glasses thoughtfully. "It operates on the principle of voluntary contributions, which, as we've observed, often leads to stagnation."

Surakiart swiped his tablet to the next page, his expression grave as he addressed the assembled diplomats. "Our letter is unequivocal in its message, and we must be prepared to face the consequences of our actions. Regardless of the Global Assembly's response, we are poised to sever all official diplomatic channels upon their acknowledgment, a detail intentionally left ambiguous," he explained, his tone weighted with significance.

"As per our agenda, the Prime Minister will be tasked with making a public announcement regarding our withdrawal, alongside the publication of the letter. This moment will signify the definitive break between Thailand and the Global Assembly," Surakiart emphasized, his words carrying a sense of finality.

"It's imperative to underscore the forcefulness of our communication, indicative of our deep-seated frustration with the organization. I urge everyone to consider our general strategy for informing our allies," he concluded, signaling the end of his remarks with a decisive gesture.

Deputy Foreign Minister Sukhumbhand raised his hand, signaling his intention to speak. "I advocate for refraining from informing our allies," he began, his voice steady and resolute. "Mexico's stability is precarious, Poland is preoccupied with domestic affairs, Sweden has retreated, and France is embroiled in broader European matters. It would be imprudent to burden them with our decision amidst their own challenges," he suggested, concluding his point before motioning for others to contribute.

The Thai Deputy Prime Minister for Foreign Affairs, Don, offered a contrasting viewpoint, gesturing to signal his turn to speak. "While I appreciate Mr. Sukhumbhand's concerns, diplomatic decorum necessitates informing our allies," he asserted, his tone measured yet firm. "However, given the circumstances, I propose that we limit our notifications to France and Poland in the immediate future," he suggested, concluding his remarks with a nod of finality.

A female diplomat raised her hand, expressing agreement with Sukhumbhand's stance. "I echo Mr. Sukhumbhand's recommendation. It's imperative to avoid preemptive consequences on our allies before the official announcement," she asserted, her tone reflecting conviction as she concluded her statement.

Another male diplomat challenged her perspective, advocating alignment with Don's proposal. "I believe aligning our approach with Mr. Don's is both pragmatic and prudent," he countered, his tone measured yet assertive. "Whether now or later, addressing France and Poland—or Sweden—regarding our membership withdrawal is inevitable. It's in line with our broader foreign policy objectives to proactively engage with them," he concluded, signaling the end of his contribution.

Thaksin raised his hand, commanding the room's attention with his poised demeanor. "Allow me to offer a suggestion," he began, his voice carrying a measured authority. "Given the divergence of perspectives among our senior diplomats, it's prudent to pursue a balanced approach. I propose that we inform France and Poland separately: adopting a more candid tone with France, while approaching Poland with greater sensitivity. Until we receive official confirmation, let's maintain discretion regarding our decision," he concluded, signaling the end of his contribution with a subtle motion.

Surakiart adjusted his glasses before chiming in. "I concur with the Prime Minister's proposal," he affirmed, his tone reflective of agreement. "We must uphold diplomatic decorum while exercising caution in our communications with our allies. I urge everyone to prepare for the necessary adjustments, and we'll reconvene shortly. Now, let's break for lunch," he announced, a warm smile gracing his features. With that, the meeting dispersed, giving way to casual conversations as attendees made their way to the cafeteria.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II