STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
30724639_1830021517050343_5581178416238952448_n.jpg

iu-1.png

The Ukrainian National News Agency, Ukrinform, is a state-run news agency delivering news stories in Ukrainian, Russian, English, German, Spanish, French, Chinese, Japanese, and Polish. Established in 1918 during the Ukrainian War for Independence, Ukrinform originally produced print media coverage, but has since expanded into radio, television, and photo-journalism as well. The agency carries out its activities independently of political parties and public organizations. Its headquarters is located in Kyiv.

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Borys Tarasyuk to Step Down as Foreign Minister

Kyiv, Ukraine - Minister of Foreign Affairs Borys Tarasyuk submitted a letter of resignation this Friday. Tarasyuk cites family business as the reason for his departure.

First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Volodymyr Ohtyzko said, “Belgian-Ukrainian relations have flourished under Mr. Tarasyuk’s leadership. It will be incredibly difficult to find anyone as qualified and committed as he has been.” As First Deputy, Ohtyzko stands a strong chance of being appointed Tarasyuk’s successor. His stances on foreign policy are much the same.

Despite praise from Ohtyzko and other members of the Ministry, rumors circulate as to the true reason behind this abrupt resignation. Two anonymous sources from inside the Presidential Administration have weighed in. “There was a verbal confrontation between [Mr. Tarasyuk] and President Yushchenko last month. The words ‘gross incompetency’ were used.” The second anonymous source substantiates, “Tarasyuk’s ability to interpret messages from foreign dignitaries was called into question. His diplomatic correspondences were deemed detrimental to the reputation and security of Ukraine, so he was fired.”

When asked for comment, President Yushchenko was dismissive of the allegations. “Mr. Tarasyuk was not terminated, he is resigning of his own accord. As stated in his letter of resignation, he carried out the tasks assigned to him. His dedication to Ukraine is appreciated, now it is time for him to address personal affairs.” Tarasyuk echoed this statement, “everything I have to say on the matter has already been voiced in my letter of resignation. There's nothing more to the story.”

Tarasyuk will continue to act as Minister of Foreign Affairs until 30 August or until a successor is appointed. A copy of his resignation letter can be found below:

Dear Mr. President,

As the Minister of Foreign Affairs, I have enthusiastically served my country according to my conscious and best judgement. This position has been my greatest privilege and honor. In the months since my appointment, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has furthered the strategic interests of our country and helped to forge stronger diplomatic relations. I feel I have satisfactorily fulfilled the tasks assigned to me, thus I willingly but solemnly submit this letter of resignation. Having served Ukraine, I must now focus on serving an elderly relative.

This resignation will be effective on 30 August 1996, or as soon as a successor has been nominated, properly vetted, and approved by the Verkhovna Rada. I pledge to assist in a smooth transition. It is my wish that the next Foreign Minister faithfully serves the interest of Ukraine and her people.

Sincerely,
Borys Ivanovych Tarasyuk

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Yushchenko Responds to Franco-Belgian Strife as New Minister of Foreign Affairs is Appointed
By Liliya Pasichnyk

Kyiv, Ukraine - President Yushchenko issued a public statement last night in which he condemned Belgian aggression against the Kingdom of France.

As an independent state, Ukraine has a duty to respond when the sovereignty of another independent state is threatened. By supporting other countries’ rights to self-determination, we are also defending our own inherent right to statehood.

Recently, Belgium orchestrated an unprovoked attack against the Kingdom of France. Although the Republic of Ukraine values its ties with Belgium, we cannot condone their actions by remaining silent. Ukraine will place sanctions on any and every country that chooses to employ violent action without a valid cause and formal declaration of war. Belgium is not exempt. We formally retract our invitation to the Belgian government for a state visit. Additionally, we hereby suspend all negotiations relating to trade and visa-programs. These sanctions will also harm Ukraine, but the danger of allowing Belgium’s aggression to go unpunished would be much greater.

We will relax these sanctions once Belgium and France have agreed to a lasting peace. We urge them to accept the presence of peacekeepers and the establishment of a demilitarized zone. Good government serves the people. A government that frivolously calls for its citizens to shed blood does not. The Russian Federation has offered a chance for them to resolve this conflict without additional casualties, the independent Republic of Ukraine hopes that Belgium and France comply.

In response to the unprovoked attacks, Ukraine has retracted its invitation for an official state visit with the Belgians. Trade and student-visa negotiations will also be put on hold until tensions between Belgium and France are resolved. Yushchenko advised both governments to abide by Moscow’s demands regarding peace talks.

The statement came just hours after the Verkhovna Rada approved Konstyantyn Gryshchenko as Ukraine’s new Minister of Foreign Affairs. When asked for comment on the Franco-Belgian situation, Gryshchenko said, “The President’s statement reflects my own stance. I hope our relations with the Belgians will not be too greatly harmed—[former] Minister Tarasyuk dedicated a great deal of effort to strengthening those ties—but, Ukraine cannot allow unprovoked violence to go unpenalized.”

Igor Alekseyev, People’s Deputy of Donetsk, has also felt the need to weigh in. “Belgium’s unwarranted attacks and the disproportionate, civilian-killing response from France do not surprise me. Years of unchecked capitalist ideology have ingrained this kind of jugular-ripping competition in Westerners. The former Soviet States would never bludgeon each other in such a way. The day that happens is the day I resign from office!”

Gryshchenko has work to do beyond Ukraine’s response to the Franco-Belgian conflict. “Our Foreign Ministry has not been operating as well as it can,” he acknowledged. “With a little bit of reorganization we’ll be back on track.” This reorganization will include delegation of greater power to regional secretaries and the appointment of Ihor Kharchenko to the position of First Deputy Minister.

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020

unnamed.jpg

UkrInform TV

Broadcast Originally Aired

November 1997

After a brief introduction, the camera zooms in on two news anchors well known to Ukrainians as Vadym Loboda and Mila Zharkova.

With a shuffle of papers Vadym begins addressing the camera:
“Kyiv remains hopeful today as President Yushchenko and President Yeltsin of Russia conclude talks at Mariyinsky Palace—the first diplomatic visit the Yushchenko administration has hosted. Sovereignty over Crimea was at the center of discussion.”

Mila nods: “Indeed. Since Ukraine gained independence, the peninsula on the Black Sea has been under Russian rule—mainly due to oversights in paperwork and legal technicalities. Both presidents have signed a sort of paréage agreement recognizing joint sovereignty over the Crimea. If ratified by the Verkhovna Rada, Ukraine would have full domestic control of Crimea—and its taxes—while Russia would have control of any military goings-on.”

The camera zooms in on Vadym and two graphs appear to his left: “If you’ll look over here, recent opinion polls have demonstrated an increase in positive attitudes towards Russia since this joint-sovereignty plan was announced. There still remains quite a bit of uncertainty, however, due to the historical context of this international relationship.”

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 10.57.31 PM.png

Mila: “Of course, that did not detract from the festivities at Boryspil international where President Yeltsin arrived.”

Cut to footage of Yeltsin descending the Airplane stairs and being welcome by a trio of little girls with bread as Mila continued to speak: “The Ministry of Foreign Affairs usually directs welcome ceremonies for diplomats, but after the resignation of Borys Tarasyuk the planning was delegated to the Ministry of Arts and Culture.”

The visual returns to both anchors. Vadym: “Katya Yatsenko spoke with the patriotic Ukrainians who represented our country at that welcome—let’s go to that footage now, shall we?”

The camera cuts to three little girls, sitting on a bench outside Boryspil airport, still wearing their regional dresses from Vinnytsia, Kiev, and Kharkiv. Their names and ages would be presented at the bottom of the screen: Olena 5 ½, Sveta 6, Tatyana 4, students at the Ukrainian National Academy of Dance

Katya, half out of frame as she crouches to speak to the tiny children:
“What did you think of the Russian President?”

Olena, kicking her feet absentmindedly: "Tall."

Sveta: "He was nice, but I don’t think he was very smart."

Katya, holding the mic for them: “Oh?”

The three little girls look to each other as if to confer amongst themselves before all nodding in agreement.

Sveta: “He told us a story about going to the supermarket and being surprised they had food, but of course grocery stores have food because that’s where you go when you're hungry!”

Olena: “I didn’t tell him it was a dumb story ‘cause they told us to be really nice.” She smiles directly at the camera: “I think I did good.’

Katya, trying not to laugh, turns to the smallest girl in the Kharkiv dress: “What about you, what did you think?”

Tatyana shakes her head and clings onto Sveta.

Katya:
Nothing? Did you like meeting him?

Tatyana, still holding onto Sveta’s arm, shakes her head affirmative: He said he likes Ukraine and wants to be friends.

The camera would return to Vadym Loboda and Mila Zharkova.

Mila with a smile:
“Very cute, and such beautiful dresses. It’s always wonderful to see children and young people taking pride in Ukrainian traditions.”

Vadym nods: “I couldn't agree more, especially in November. That brings us to our next story—On November 22nd Ukrainians will gather at Pechersk Hills in Kyiv for a candle lit vigil. This year marks the 65th anniversary of the start of the Holodomor, a famine exploited for genocidal purposes from 1932 to 1933. The Terror-Famine killed an estimated 3.5 million Ukrainians. The hardest hit regions being Vinnytsia, Kiev, most of all Kharkiv.”

Mila gives a somber nod: “Quite the bitter memory for Ukrainians—but now at least we are finally able to speak of these injustices. When we come back from the break, we’ll talk with UkrInform analyst Stanislav Avramenko regarding the upcoming Symonenko trial. Later, Minister Semyon Gulzman’s response to the current state of Ukrainian healthcare and what it all means for you. I’m Mila Zharkova,”

Vadym: “And I’m Vadym Loboda, Ukrinform, Kyiv.”

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020

62sJck7.jpg

UkrInform TV

Live Broadcast

Televised Nationally from Lviv

"Dear Ukrainians," said an elderly woman from a newsroom podium that was slightly too high for her. Audiences at home would not know it, but she was already diverging from the script.

"My name is Skoropadsky Olena Pavlovych. I am the last daughter of the last Hetman, and I have been abroad for most of my lifetime. I have not taken the active role in Ukrainian independence that my father and siblings did, but I have always kept a close eye on our home. That is why I have freely chosen to address our nation tonight."

She would glance down, out of nervousness, but quickly returned her eyes to the camera. "I have been asked by members of Svaboda, the Militsiya, and the Armed Forces to endorse Minister Kuzmuk's presidency. I have been told that this is the only oppertunity Ukraine has to preserve it's independence and even our existance as a people." She spoke in Ukrainian, not Russian or surzhyk. "I support Ukrainian's inherent rights to independence and nationhood. I endorse our current and lawfully radified constitution--and therefore I endorse whatever decisions the Verkhovna Rada electivly makes regarding the succession of the President."

Some Ukrainian civics-buffs might recognize Artem Navolsky as he approached the podium. He was, after all, a campaign manager for several key members of the far-right party Svoboda. He spoke through clenched teeth, unaware that the cameras were still rolling as he had ordered the news crew to cut to comercial. "What do you think you're doing?"

"You said that it was important for the people to hear me," said Olena.

"You don't understand what's happening in this country."

"But you said it yourself, I am the heir to the Ukrainian Hetmanate and the best representative of our nation."

"You're going to read what we gave you."

"But I cannot. You want me to tell them that my father hated our Russian neighbors, that we can't peacefully live beside them. My father was a Ukrainian Kozak and he loved my Russian mother. How many Ukrainians were born of similar unions? How many Russians have Ukrainian blood? My father only hated the communists."

"You're fucking senile," snapped Navolsky.

The little babusya flinched at his shouting, but would not lower the volume of her own voice. "No, I'm very aware. I know my father would consider the people in the Maidan very brave." She would nod solomnly at the camera. "I wouldn't be suprised if they stayed there all night protesting."

Navolsky's face would twist through several different expressions of anger as he followed her gaze to the green 'on air' light. "I said to turn that off."

The network would cut to a commercial for the Armed Forces.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien